PL: Chelsea a Match Thread 2010/03/27 15:00

limpid

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was thick from Collins, you could clearly see the player was going to nick it. No complaints about the pentaly being awared. I do have a few complaints about their dirty challenges escaping the ref's attention though.

there was no contact so how was it a penalty?

There was contact. Minimal, but enough.

He wasn't going towards goal though. He was quite clearly heading away from goal. That, for me, makes it not quite stone-wall. But Collins was stupid to give the ref a decision to make.

Exactly, he was going away from goal. Plus the ball was going out, so I doubt he would have retained possession. Poor from Collins anyway.

we've played well this half and are a bit unlucky to be behind.

no drama, no 'we are shit', no terrible performances.

we'll probably lose another 3 points to spurs today, but they are home to the bottom side, we're away to potential champions with a magnificent home record, so let's no overreact should that happen.

absolutely spot on!!!

we'll probably lose another 3 points to spurs today, but they are home to the bottom side, we're away to potential champions with a magnificent home record, so let's no overreact should that happen.

This ^^^

its more knowing that we WILL get decisions go against us, we have done for months and its not stopping. Its against, against, against all the time and its getting us (well its getting me) down. Seeing players like that Sunderland midfielder, Song for Arsenal, Mikel today, Evra chop our players down, smash elbows in our players faces, pens given against us and all sorts of dives and decisions and its wearing us down as we know its going to happen.

I don't think we need to change much apart from Agbonlahor really has to get forward more. When we get the ball he's playing far too deep.

That's the idea of playing him wide in the 451 though and to be fair it is working. We haven't hit as a many long balls as we have recently either. The whole move for our goal was excellent football.

This ^^^

+1 couldn't agree more.

The stream I've got made it hard to tell, I can't blame the ref for giving it either way but if theres contact, to my mind, it's absolutely minimal and nowhere near enough for Zhirkov to audition for the next Superman movie.

As it is, we've not been bad at all but could be better. Friedels not had a lot to do, defence has been decent, midfield in the centre is doing much imo as both teams focus on the wings, Young has been good once again. Gabby's been quiet, I don't like him out wide to be honest, and Carews become our RVN seemingly.

The hopeful punts down the pitch aren't going to do anything, but when we can be arsed to pass we've looked good. Sidwell's ball for the goal was abolutely sublime.

my stream is crystal clear and there was no contact at all, let alone "stood on his toe" its even more of a dive when they play it in slow motion, but we need to do the samew when we get in there box as thois referee's a joke, how you can lead with an elbow and get away with again is crfiminal, its as if the referee didnt see it in midweek when pompey had 2 players carried off.

we don't look hungry enough in midfield, and ash and gabby have been pretty absent. that sounds like much stronger criticism than i wanna give because we haven't been too bad, just haven't had much chance. i would switch to 4-4-2 and get milner on the right.

today is confirming my belief that we play to match the level of the opposition - ie as bad as the likes of stoke and wolves but as good as (or not far off) the better sides like chelsea.

we are playing well today but i really cant see us getting anything from the game to be honest.

That was thick from Collins, you could clearly see the player was going to nick it. No complaints about the pentaly being awared. I do have a few complaints about their dirty challenges escaping the ref's attention though.

He wasn't going towards goal though. He was quite clearly heading away from goal. That, for me, makes it not quite stone-wall. But Collins was stupid to give the ref a decision to make.

Exactly, he was going away from goal. Plus the ball was going out, so I doubt he would have retained possession. Poor from Collins anyway.

I don't get why one or two people have decided to change the rules of the game...so what if he was going away from goal?

Direction of movement inside the box does not matter as it is always a penalty. Poor decision by Collins maybe but he was a split second from nicking the ball and if he hadn't challenged would have been crucified.