Football Shirt Collections...

Killeen30

Have a lot of random jersey myself

River Plate

:thumb: Love that jersey. That and Boca are the 2 glaring omissions from my collection and I fully intend on fixing that.

Rangers

Sick sick man. Made all the more strange by the fact that you are based in Dublin.

Have a lot of random jersey myself

River Plate

:thumb: Love that jersey. That and Boca are the 2 glaring omissions from my collection and I fully intend on fixing that.

Rangers

Sick sick man. Made all the more strange by the fact that you are based in Dublin.

Lifestyle were doing deals on River and Boca jerseys about a year ago. If you ever see somebody with a Boca hat in Dublin its probably me :)

As for the Rangers thing it was when i was 8 or 9 and i still have it. Actually wore it to confession when i was younger.

I realised later what a farce Scottish football is

many villa

few rangers (including the quality orange ones)

ac milan

barcelona

borussia dortmund

st. johnstone for some reason

an ipswich one as wel, god knows why

an old cccp one

brazil

few england tops

not any from recent years tho, grew out of them at around 16

I collect club crest pin badges for grounds I have been to.

Accumulated a few european ones over the summer.

Let me know if you are missing any, I am sure I can help :D

Olympija Ljubjlana by any chance?

I went to what was marked as there stadium on a map to find it abandoned, and disused for a number of years.

borussia dortmund

Ahh Dortmund of the electric yellow. Dunno how I never picked up one of them either. All this talk is making me want to go bargain hunting. For anyone in & around Dublin, The Soccer Shop on George's Street is the best for obscure and cheap football tops. He's dear for the new stuff but he used to have racks of old stuff. Also Sportsmith down off O'Connell Street was good too. It's where I picked up my very obscure Atalanta one.

borussia dortmund

Ahh Dortmund of the electric yellow. Dunno how I never picked up one of them either. All this talk is making me want to go bargain hunting. For anyone in & around Dublin, The Soccer Shop on George's Street is the best for obscure and cheap football tops. He's dear for the new stuff but he used to have racks of old stuff. Also Sportsmith down off O'Connell Street was good too. It's where I picked up my very obscure Atalanta one.

I think the Soccer Shop is closed down.

Sportsmith is good but not fond of the owner. Michael Guineys on North Earl Street sell obscure jerseys downstairs for cheap. I got Boavista in there and they had other random tops

I think the Soccer Shop is closed down.

I was afraid of that :( It was too prime a location for the business he used to (not) do. Must check out Guineys, thanks.

TBH I think these days your best bet is eBay provided you know exactly what you're looking for. It's a bit trickier to flick through a rack of jerseys on eBay and stumble across mad sh*t though.

I went through a stage of picking up some bizaare tops when i did my dissertation on Communism and football.

Union Berlin.

Dynamo Dresden.

Some of the Moscow teams.

Banik Ostrava (for some reason)

and some more i cant think of.

I have a few...

Aston Villa

1997/98 Home

1996/98 Away

2007/08 Home

2008/09 Home

Ajax

2005/06 Home

2007/08 Home

2008/09 Away

Holland

2002/04 Home

2004/06 Home

2006/08 Home

2006/08 Away

2008/10 Home

2008/10 Away

Australia

2006/08 Home

2008/10 Home

England - As a result of losing a bet :P

2005/07 Home

2004/06 Away

2 jerseys spanning 3 years as a result of losing 1 bet :suspect:

It was 2006, just as the two shirts were together. It was a bet with a friend of mine on the result of the England vs Holland under 21 European Championship (I think), the one where Holland won after a ridiculously long penalty shoot out.

Anyway, I let him have the 90 minute draw as part of the bet because the tournament was in Holland, and as it was a draw after 90 minutes, but ultimately Holland won, the bet was kind of a draw but we both went ahead and I had to get the England shirts and as he likes Holland, he had to get Argentina shirts.

I got them together on eBay for about £2 so it wsn't too bad :P

Edit: Seems that tournament was in 2007... well either way, thats the story!

I went to what was marked as there stadium on a map to find it abandoned, and disused for a number of years.

I come from Ljubljana and I can only tell you that Olimpija had many problems, they were relegated to the lowest league and have been renamed to Bežigrad and than back to Olimpija again (this year is their first season back in the top division after 5 years). The stadium is still abandoned and there is really no big prospect that it will be renewed in the near future, but a new stadium is being built at another location in Ljubljana. It is not that that easy to find Olimpija products, there is no official club store, and I do not know if they produce badges at all. Maybe next season as they are changing the crest once again...

2 jerseys spanning 3 years as a result of losing 1 bet :suspect:

It was 2006, just as the two shirts were together. It was a bet with a friend of mine on the result of the England vs Holland under 21 European Championship (I think), the one where Holland won after a ridiculously long penalty shoot out.

Anyway, I let him have the 90 minute draw as part of the bet because the tournament was in Holland, and as it was a draw after 90 minutes, but ultimately Holland won, the bet was kind of a draw but we both went ahead and I had to get the England shirts and as he likes Holland, he had to get Argentina shirts.

I got them together on eBay for about £2 so it wsn't too bad :P

Edit: Seems that tournament was in 2007... well either way, thats the story!

NRC, Carson (!), Young and Milner all took pens in that shootout

I come from Ljubljana and I can only tell you that Olimpija had many problems, they were relegated to the lowest league and have been renamed to Bežigrad and than back to Olimpija again (this year is their first season back in the top division after 5 years). The stadium is still abandoned and there is really no big prospect that it will be renewed in the near future, but a new stadium is being built at another location in Ljubljana. It is not that that easy to find Olimpija products, there is no official club store, and I do not know if they produce badges at all. Maybe next season as they are changing the crest once again...

Thanks for the info mate.

Very nice place Ljubjlana is :thumb:

In light of this new info, it slowly dawns on Wainy that the missing badge in his collection would now be quite the collectors item, if he had one.

Am really after any villa shirt from very early 90's and late 80's (David Platt era) as those would look amazing now. Very stylish. Ebay doesnt seem to have any decent ones.

Anyone got ay they want to sell?

Am really after any villa shirt from very early 90's and late 80's (David Platt era) as those would look amazing now. Very stylish. Ebay doesnt seem to have any decent ones.

Anyone got ay they want to sell?

Try here.

I don't but I might just have to get the USA away kit - it's too nice.

I have that shirt on order.

I have pretty much every Everton outfield shirt since I was born too.

I've got multiple Juve, Valencia, and Ajax shirts, cos I follow them, various reasons. I have a Perugia shirt cos my Uncle lives there.

I have an Olympiakos and Greece NT shirt because I have friends from there.

I have an LA Galaxy shirt on order (not a Beckham one).

I also have some random ones Karlsruhe and Marseille, I have no idea why I have them.

I have an Australia shirt, a Holland shirt, 2 Italy shirts, and 2 Brazil shirts.

They are more for momentos and show, to be honest, I never really wear any of them.

I collect scarves of all European games, or half/half ones if not whole ones.

Â