Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Just made it to Mexico.

Doing the river crossing at night, especially where I'm playing it in our house which makes trying to see anything when the game turns dark a pain in the arse, was a bloody nightmare.

Invested some of my hunting money in a Kentucky Saddler deed. I think my next few hours on the game will be going hunting to see Mexico has to offer in the way of killable creatures.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made it to Mexico.

Doing the river crossing at night, especially where I'm playing it in our house which makes trying to see anything when the game turns dark a pain in the arse, was a bloody nightmare.

Invested some of my hunting money in a Kentucky Saddler deed. I think my next few hours on the game will be going hunting to see Mexico has to offer in the way of killable creatures.

While you're in Mexico, break in the Hungarian fast horse, then get the deed for it as well, and then when you swap between them, the game saves without you having to go into a house or set up a campfire.

If you dont have that, you can just equip the mask and blow away your current mount before using the Kentucky Saddler deed. :P

Right this might be really daft but where are the challeneges. Im so into the game i havent spent enough time looking to do stuff like that.

Press Start, select Journal, then Challenges, should tell you what ones you're on and what you need to complete.

My current hunter challenge is going to prove annoying as it involves boars and in playing so far I've seen a sum total of 1.

Boars can be found north of Bonnies ranch, where the railway junction is. They are in the fields to the east and west of the line (in fact there is even an encounter with a guy who challenges you to catch and skin boar for him, he gives you some bait too.)

Cougars are also in the area, which is worth knowing for two reasons. 1] They are your next challenge after boards and 2] They are the most dangerous animals you will encounter in the game. They are far more of a threat than bears (especially if you dont have a shotgun!)

Not really wandered that area much which might explain why I never saw any boars... but right now I'm fairly certain I'm stuck in Mexico for a while so won't be doing that any time soon.

Can do the armadillos though!

Some bloke wanted $200 for the deeds to some land...i had $67...Carbine to the chest soon sorted that little dispute :twisted:

At the moment in not being to much of an 'outlaw' and my honour isnt too bad (lost 100 for said accident), do i need to be careful about my honour level?

Nay, that treasure thingy sounds impossible!

You know what i mean Nay!

Is that all you have to do, look at the map then try and find the exact rock in the open world!?!?

There are normally clues on it. One of the first shows a rock. And a noose. I won't spoil it for you any more than that, except to for a Catchphrase style "say what you see"!

Some bloke wanted $200 for the deeds to some land...i had $67...Carbine to the chest soon sorted that little dispute :twisted:

At the moment in not being to much of an 'outlaw' and my honour isnt too bad (lost 100 for said accident), do i need to be careful about my honour level?

Not really at the beginning. If you play it as a fairly good guy with the odd "lapse" back into your old ways, your honor will soon rack up.

I did the same by the way! Later on, you get a banadana to wear, which if you use it, stops you losing honor. You can then go on a killing spree if you so wish, although of course you clock up a bounty against you.

Â