Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Has anybody ever been done over by a pack of bears? I'm not sure if its an Easter Egg, but while hunting beaver (ooer!) up in north east Tall Trees by lake Astoria, I got turned over. I was getting frustrated and shooting pretty much any old animal for a good five or six minutes, when three grizzlies (the three bears!) came hurtling out of the woods straight at me to give me a good hiding!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke the Hungarian fast horse tonight, and got the Dasterdly achievement as well. I also saw and killed a cougar, before I realised what it was, I'd shot the **** in the face.

I wanted to progress the next level of my sharp shooter by going for 5 x birds from a moving train, I managed to track the train down and it was waiting at a train station, I got on and waited for frickin ages and it didn't move, whats that all about? In the end I got bored and shot the driver :lol:

I wanted to progress the next level of my sharp shooter by going for 5 x birds from a moving train, I managed to track the train down and it was waiting at a train station, I got on and waited for frickin ages and it didn't move, whats that all about? In the end I got bored and shot the driver :lol:

You must have done the quest where you blow the bridge up. After that, the train gets to Casa Magrada (sp?) and won't go any further. You need to get on the train before then. Later in the game, there's a quest which after you've completed it, gets the train going all the way round again.

Ordered.

£34.

Hopefully it doesn't come til Monday or Tuesday!

I didn't like the idea of waiting a few days for it to be posted so I went to Argos in Merry Hill on Saturday!

I must have played it for about 9+ hours already!

One thing I'm quite conscious about is breaking the law too much.

I've done quite a lot of good deeds and I don't want to ruin my honour - but in doing that I'm finding myself being very/ too careful!

What crimes can you still do but avoid your honour going down?

Killing animals doesn't really matter (maybe killing a town's dog or horse would), what about random people out and about? Can you kill then if other people aren't around to witness it?

I've been playing it all weekend and I still haven't got the lasso! I figured it would have something to do with "breaking horses" (not that I know what that means yet :winkold:..) so last night I saved it in the town with the farm and when I get back from work Today, hopefully, I'll get a lasso!!!

I want one now because I've caught a bunch of bounties, and now they're going up in value.. and I'd rather catch them alive.

Buy a bandana, that way whenever you wear it your honour doesn't go down, regardless of what you do.

One thing I'm quite conscious about is breaking the law too much.

I've done quite a lot of good deeds and I don't want to ruin my honour - but in doing that I'm finding myself being very/ too careful!

Killing animals doesn't really matter (maybe killing a town's dog or horse would), what about random people out and about? Can you kill then if other people aren't around to witness it?

I've been playing it all weekend and I still haven't got the lasso! I figured it would have something to do with "breaking horses" (not that I know what that means yet :winkold:..) so last night I saved it in the town with the farm and when I get back from work Today, hopefully, I'll get a lasso!!!

I want one now because I've caught a bunch of bounties, and now they're going up in value.. and I'd rather catch them alive.

You get the lasso after you break your first horse, it just appears on your weapon radial dial.

As for honor, have you got the bandana yet? Can't remember where you get it from, but when you wear it, anything you do (good or bad) doesn't lead to a gain or drop in honor.

Thanks Rino and Risso (any relation? lol)!

Tonight's first tasks are getting the lasso and bandana!

Can you do anything with the horse & carriages that you find abandoned in the desert? I got on one once, spent 5 minutes trying to ride it back to the town - but I took a corner too sharply and toppled it, which resulted in me falling off a cliff! lol

Can you do anything with the horse & carriages that you find abandoned in the desert? I got on one once, spent 5 minutes trying to ride it back to the town - but I took a corner too sharply and toppled it, which resulted in me falling off a cliff! lol

Other than riding them, not much. Run people over perhaps.

What else would you expect to do with a horse and cart?!

Other than riding them, not much. Run people over perhaps.

What else would you expect to do with a horse and cart?!

Sell it!

You can sell the animal pelts.. surely a wooden carriage and 2 horses is worth something! :winkold:

Well I did the cougar challenge. Found loads of them in the hills north of MacFarlane Ranch, as suggested by others. Got absolutely shredded a couple of times, but only took me a couple of tries after that.

I've also made it up north. The bears make cougars look like cuddly little kittens don't they?!

Did you buy the buffalo rifle? It's great for bear huntin'

I did indeed. I saw a couple of them in Tall Trees, put one of the **** down, but then his mate one shotted me and my horse.

I also made the mistake of using the buffalo rifle on a beaver for that Daedalus mission. There was nothing left to skin!

anyone shot one of those ridiculously fast moving blue birds yet?

they're tiny and bright blue, kind of like a kingfisher. I have only seen 2, missed one and shot the other with a springfield, so there wasnt anything left to skin..

I want to know what they are though!

Â