FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult one this, I'd want to go with a pretty strong side.

-----------------Guzan-------------------

Cuellar----Collins-------Dunne---Young

Young------Delph----Milner------Downing

------------Carew----Delfouneso-------

I'm figuring that Warnock isn't quite up to three games in a week having been out for a bit this year, Gabby just isn't worth risking and Petrov will need to rest his knock.

If Albrighton is fit I'd consider putting him in for Carew and playing a five man midfield with bags of energy or resting Milner who looks shattered and playing Young centrally. (Probably the second of those two options would be my preference.)

I hope ticket sales pick up, an atmosphere will be required here because this will be their big day out.

I don't wanna see Ash, Downing, Milner, Heskey or Gabby against Palace.

Basically:

Guzan

Beye Cuellar Collins L. Young

Albrighton Sali Petrov Delph

Delfouneso Carew

??? Not alot of options! Just want our strongest team fresh for Wembley!!!

I don't wanna see Ash, Downing, Milner, Heskey or Gabby against Palace.

Basically:

Guzan

Beye Cuellar Collins L. Young

Albrighton Sali Petrov Delph

Delfouneso Carew

??? Not alot of options! Just want our strongest team fresh for Wembley!!!

I'd go with this but with Sidders insetad of Salifou

I'm torn.

I want to play a weakened team but I really want to win this game.

Start weakish, but put some big boys on the bench who can come on and grab a goal if we need it.

:thumb::flag:

Anyone think about letting the Fonz start by himself in front of a 5 man midfield?

Albrighton Sidwell Petrov Salifou Delph?

Same team that played the weekend except L Young for one of Cuellar/Collins/Warnock and Delfouneso/Delph for Heskey.

We need to win to keep the momentum going. A loss at this stage could completely wreck our season in just 4 days.

Dunne is an absolute must since Palace looked most dangerous from direct balls and corners (cue "same as Villa" joke...).

I'm very much from the school of thought that a winning team does not tire

I would like Davies, Delph, the Fonz to get starts. I think Davies is a quality CB and should be given a chance to fight for his place.

Wouldn't mind 2 of Bouma, Beye and L.Young playing. Tough team for MON to pick regardless of who plays people are going to complain.

We struggled against Brighton so id start some of the first teamers and bring them off if we find ourselves in a good position.

I'd start Delph and the Fonz - every time I see this guy of late he looks sharp, gets infront of defenders well and is ultra keen to impress - i'd start him.