The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Nah, I've used my iPhone on here for ages, I'm sure they never used to blink like they do now, it was more of a throb...meh it's probably just me.

Mine does it too, been so for a month or two.

Games: Angry Birds, DrawRace, LaDiDa, Draw Something, Broken Sword 1+2, Final Fantasy 3, Game Developer Story,

Other Apps: Met Office, Flashlight, Mobile Mouse,

Photography/Film: Incredibooth, Iswap Faces, IMovie, PhotoShop Express, Instagram,

Social: Twitbird Pro, Scan,

Will add to this later..

Cheers dodgy

Also wondering if there is an app that charts my monthly minutes/sms/data at all? I used Call Meter NG on android which worked perfectly. Is there an ios equivalent as the in-built usage meter just adds up total time rather than monthly.

They exist but I don't use them. I'd have a google and see what you can find.

Incidentally, if you're on O2, the "MyO2" app I believe tracks those things, but maybe at a basic level.

• 2 weeks later...

What is a 'normal' amount of data for an average user? I've only ever been on unltd tarrifs but never knew how uch I used.

500mb + 1GB seemed decent to me (of course then you have your home wifi connection).

I'm getting 450 mins/unlimited texts/750mb of data plus free uk landline calls for £30 a month. 24 month contract though and I had to pay £60 for the 4s handset itself.

l8h7f.jpg

This is my data usage so far this month. I'm on a truly unlimited plan from 3, £15 pcm for a sim only deal. I think I would always want at least 1gb of data

N5SJX.jpg

That was my last billing cycle.

500 mb seems to be par for he course with most providers. I have had 500mb for a opulent of years and never once gone over.

This Looks like a decent deal for anyone wanting an iPhone 4 on a 12 months contract.

300 mins, unlimited texts, 500MB data & 1GB wifi on Vodafone, £36 per month (FREE Handset).

£0 + £36 x 12 = £432

GiffGaff (buy a SIM-free phone anywhere you like)

£320 + £10 x 12 = £440

GiffGaff is 250 minutes per month, unlimited data, unlimited texts and an unlocked, unbranded phone. It also has no contract term, so you can jump ship when the iphone 5 is announced and get a lot more for your unbranded, unlocked handset.

In one journey I used 200MB with Google Maps. I'm on fully unlimited with T-Mobile and I'd want at least 1GB

Where did you go? John O Groats to Lands End via Dover? :shock:

This Looks like a decent deal for anyone wanting an iPhone 4 on a 12 months contract.

300 mins, unlimited texts, 500MB data & 1GB wifi on Vodafone, £36 per month (FREE Handset).

£0 + £36 x 12 = £432

GiffGaff (buy a SIM-free phone anywhere you like)

£320 + £10 x 12 = £440

GiffGaff is 250 minutes per month, unlimited data, unlimited texts and an unlocked, unbranded phone. It also has no contract term, so you can jump ship when the iphone 5 is announced and get a lot more for your unbranded, unlocked handset.

But as an alternative for people who don't have £350 to hand out for a handset I think its a good deal. Also quidco doing £50 cash back on contracts with phones4u.

You're still locked in for 12 months though. If you only want it for a few months (as per the link), then buy a second hand handset. Alternatively you could charge the handset to a 0% credit card (with standing order) if you want to spread the costs. If that is not available, I'd suggest not getting a high end smartphone.

This might not be for you, however it fits the scenario in the link better than the solution posted.

It's also on O2 rather than Vodafone, in case the Voda 3G coverage is an issue.

Tamuff, does that deal appear to have a limit on wifi usage?

Can they do that?

It's pubic WiFi hotspots set up by the carrier. You get a password or an app and you can login to hotspots they set up in built up areas. Fairly pointless these days as almost every coffee shop and McDonalds in the civilised world has free WiFi.

You're still locked in for 12 months though. If you only want it for a few months (as per the link), then buy a second hand handset. Alternatively you could charge the handset to a 0% credit card (with standing order) if you want to spread the costs. If that is not available, I'd suggest not getting a high end smartphone.

This might not be for you, however it fits the scenario in the link better than the solution played.

It's also on O2 rather than Vodafone, in case the Voda 3G coverage is an issue.

On the Apple Store The handset is £429 which is only £3 less than the total contract cost of this deal. After Quidco its £47 more expensive then you need to add on mins, texts and data.

Some people have suggested that this might be a good contract until the '5' comes out but as nobody knows when that is, and it is always later than anticiapted I don't see the problem. Would it be the end of the world to wait until the 12 month contract is up to get a new deal? It is a deal that is linked not a scenario, people can fit their own and decide whether it suits them.

This is on Vodafone, not O2.... I've found VF 3G to be the best in my experience (when I live, work and travel) compared to o2 and T-Mobile.

The wifi included in the deal is access to BT's 3.5million hotspots mainly at customers houses (like mine). Great when data coverage isn't great and you're out of town at a friends house for example. Wifi at home would be unlimted as you'd expect.

Not sure why people are going out of their way to 'hate' on the deal :?: its great for what it is and will suit many people. If I didn't have 6 months left on my deal if get it as I've wanted to try iphone again for a while, no down payment and I hate 24 month contacts.

I don't think anyone's hating on the deal. The scenario described at the link was to get a temporary iphone4 until the iphone 5 came out. I was simply making the point that the linked deal was not a good solution for that scenario.

As a price for a thoroughly outdated phone, it's cheap for Apple but would be a ludicrous price for anything else equally outdated.

If you hate 24 month contracts, why would you have one? Click on that giffgaff ad up on the left hand side sometime.

When I'm at my friend's houses, I usually just ask for the wifi password if I need it. Unlimited data means that is pretty rare though.

Â