The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

never ever been in the tech part! i thought that was tech problems with the site :lol:

i think im edging towards iphone 4, tesco mobile do 12 month cpntracts with it which is much better than o2 who are doing 24 month contract

these crooks trying to tie people in for 2 years. sick

8 minutes CV, you are slowing up mate.......

If you choice is 3GS or pay the extra £30 and go for the Iphone 4 definitely spend the extra £30.00. Check out T3 and Stuff.tv website for some reviews and then you can make a considered choice.

I know I'm getting old mykey.

never ever been in the tech part! i thought that was tech problems with the site :lol:

i think im edging towards iphone 4, tesco mobile do 12 month cpntracts with it which is much better than o2 who are doing 24 month contract

these crooks trying to tie people in for 2 years. sick

Have a look at the galaxy s before getting the iphone. It's cheaper and better in many ways. Flash support for streaming video is a huge benefit. Streaming a villa match on your phone. It's also lighter and has a bigger screen.

My step dad's got that phone. It's a good one alright although crashes more often than my Desire!

The froyo update bring rolled out this week will fix all. The screen if the galaxy s is an absolute joy for watching movies on. Also the hardware under the hud absolutely bitch slaps every other phone on the market, especially the graphics processor. It'll be a long time before it becomes obsolete.

Also total aside here, angry birds is more addictive than crack.

Samsung have pulled it out of the bag it seems. There's not a lot of info around at the moment.

As an aside, if a Galaxy S is crashing it may have a really old firmware on it. It should be plugged into Kies to check for an update.

And back to the topic. If you look around at the current crop of modern phones and still decide an iPhone is for you then please for the love of god don't get a 3GS. Most contracts are 2 years now and if you're starting out with an older phone then you'll be really out of date by the time contract renewal is up. At least the iPhone 4 is still pretty new.

The froyo update bring rolled out this week will fix all.

or as you said in another topic.......

Samsung are the new sony ericsson. News now that Froyo delayed until the end of october.

That is in other countries (Spain). Dirk posted the froyo link in the Android thread. And my phone hasn't crashed once since I got it.

3gs

Brilliant! I'm sure that post really helped him.

Anyway, if you decide to go the apple route as others have said for that little bit extra you should go for the 4,better camera,faster processor and will have suppory for a couple more years yet etc..

So the official froyo release from Samsung is not delayed until October and is out now.

There's no official word as yet apart from Samsung UK have said 'September'. You can put a firmware on there from Samsung through unofficial routes that is perfectly usable if you're so inclined.

This iphone, android, samsung etc thread lark is silly. There is loads of crossover they're all smarphones, loads of games and apps are on both platforms. So on, so forth.

Angry Birds for example is such an addictive game. I love it, it's on both iOS and Android.

Samsung thread anybody? ;)

Then iPhone owners should stop talking about Samsung!

Well maybe if Android owners could possibly control their urges and stop posting in the Iphone thread we Iphone users could possbily do that.

I dont think you see anywhere near the amount of Iphone users posting in the Android thread. Maybe we just dont give a flying f*&k about Android.

This iphone, android, samsung etc thread lark is silly. There is loads of crossover they're all smarphones, loads of games and apps are on both platforms. So on, so forth.

Angry Birds for example is such an addictive game. I love it, it's on both iOS and Android.

I know what you're saying, in this post at least :D ... But the point of it is to be specific. I barely bother checking this thread to see what apps people are recommending now. There's an iphone/apps thread on a photography forum and it worked a lot better because at the top they linked all the apps they liked, and then just added to it. Nobody whinged about how good their non iphone phone is.

I like what I have. It's contentment, not blind apple loving. I'll be honest, I used to "hate on" apple before but once I got used the phone I was well away. I didn't then worry about what was even better because it's pretty good already :) And if i try to keep up with the best and latest, even more.. then it'll ruin me!

I know what you're saying, in this post at least :D ... But the point of it is to be specific. I barely bother checking this thread to see what apps people are recommending now. There's an iphone/apps thread on a photography forum and it worked a lot better because at the top they linked all the apps they liked, and then just added to it. Nobody whinged about how good their non iphone phone is.

I like what I have. It's contentment, not blind apple loving. I'll be honest, I used to "hate on" apple before but once I got used the phone I was well away. I didn't then worry about what was even better because it's pretty good already :) And if i try to keep up with the best and latest, even more.. then it'll ruin me!

Â