The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

• 2 weeks later...
No news as of yet as far as I can see. Anyone know if it has been pushed back or anything?
There's loooooooads of news out there.

Check engadget for a start.

New model to be called iPhone HD and available in a range of 5 colours if tinterweb to be believed.

6.00pm Monday I guess we will find out.

2 colours, white and black. And called the iPhone 4.

Available from June 24th.

That looks very nice (so the leaked one was real). Do you think O2 would let me upgrade, despite the fact that I am midway through a contract (when it comes out)?
Ofc the leaked one was real, Apple had the police knocking down doors to get it back.

And no, they won't. Your contract is paying for the phone you had, if you get a new phone in the middle o2 are out of pocket for the cost of the first phone you had. You'll have to buy it sim free.

That looks very nice (so the leaked one was real). Do you think O2 would let me upgrade, despite the fact that I am midway through a contract (when it comes out)?
Ofc the leaked one was real, Apple had the police knocking down doors to get it back.

And no, they won't. Your contract is paying for the phone you had, if you get a new phone in the middle o2 are out of pocket for the cost of the first phone you had. You'll have to buy it sim free.

I paid for the phone from them when I got it though. I thought they would perhaps let me upgrade, however would make me pay some of the new phone cost. :(

Edited to say that apparently the entry model of the new iPhone will come in at $299 in the States. Plus O2 in UK are apparently going to offer a special upgrade package for people with older models. :D

I paid for the phone from them when I got it though. I thought they would perhaps let me upgrade, however would make me pay some of the new phone cost. :(

Edited to say that apparently the entry model of the new iPhone will come in at $299 in the States. Plus O2 in UK are apparently going to offer a special upgrade package for people with older models. :D

No you paid for SOME of the phone when you got it.

The upfront cost is heavily subsidised by what you're paying on a contract, which is why sim only contracts are a good £10-20 a month cheaper, the difference goes on paying for the handset.

They'll probably offer an upgrade offer, but it's still going to result in you paying far more than someone taking out a new contract, and you'll probably find it'll only be available if you sign into a new 24 month contract. That way they can recoup the cost of both phones over the length of the contract.

Â