PL: Spurs a Match Thread 2010/02/06 17:30

limpid

We need to step up the effort in the second half and get some football flowing.

The good thing is that we have done well thus far and have stuck to our plan. The pressure is on Spurs and to be 0-0 at half-time is better for us than them. Hopefully we can come out in the second half and start to put them under even more pressure.

I'd happily take a draw from this one to be honest.

spurs are doing a good job of forcing our wingers wide and isolating them to get the ball back. it doesnt help that we are so eager to get wide and play into their hands.

the few times we played through the centre we had the dawson handball and gomez had to make some great saves from milner and gabby. we need to do this more second half

Don't think Agbonlahor could of done much more with his chance to be honest.

Yeah you're taught it keep it low as it's harder for the keeper to save and he did that. Even if he smashed it high, the possibility of it going over was large.

At first I thought he reacted slowly but looking at the replay I was wrong and he was very unlucky not to score.

awful game.

they've not played great and nor have we.

we've defended deep and have struggled to get the ball down.

saying that, they hassle well and there's no space out there for us to play 'nice, buildup football'.

unless you have world class players with first touch, that stuff gets you into trouble.

that's why we're going long / into channels.

we're NOT a terrible team, it's the nature of the game today.

we are very limited in terms of how we play, but we knew that already.

Carew doing what he does everywhere he goes by the looks of it, starts off well then loses interest.

Our ball retention is truly appauling at times too.

We need to step up 2nd half or we're travelling home pointless.

oneil says were weak and does nothing cept suck heskeys bollox even benjani at 1.5 mill would have done better. he can be so blinkered at times

i've read some rubbish on here but to honestly suggest Benjani as an option for a CL chasing side is hilarious, He's one of the most average players to pick a pay packet in the premier league, offers less than Heskey.

I think the quality of the game is a reflection on how much importance both teams place on it.

We're the away team and we've got a cup final to look forward to, they are at home and under pressure.

Hopefully that'll help eke out a mistake.

I'm hoping for a slip by Dawson that lets Gabby in for an 84th minute winner.