LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

If the Fulham game gets moved to the Sunday, it would be the same as if they were in Europe. A couple of times last season we played Monday night (for tv), Thursday night (UEFA) and Sunday afternoon (league).

Seem to remember we did well both weeks it happened too.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon there is a bit of a wrangling going on about the date. Blackburn won't be happy with a Thursday game as they've got Fulham on the Saturday. I reckon we'll play the away leg on the 20th and they'll move the home leg to the 2nd or 3rd Feb

They've got to sort the cup final tickets for whoever gets through and such, they won't want it getting into February I don't think.

True from there point man c got there game put back a week so why should b'burn i know i wouldnt be happy about playing mon then a semi on the thursday.

If the Fulham game gets moved to the Sunday, it would be the same as if they were in Europe. A couple of times last season we played Monday night (for tv), Thursday night (UEFA) and Sunday afternoon (league).

Seem to remember we did well both weeks it happened too.

Sounds like the Premier League are the one's delaying things.

Rovers' officials have expressed 'deep frustration' over the delay in announcing a new date for the Carling Cup semi-final with Aston Villa at Ewood Park.

The home leg of the semi-final, scheduled for last night, was postponed due to the adverse weather conditions.

Rovers' managing director Tom Finn said: "It is all very unsatisfactory and we fully understand the frustrations being experienced by our supporters. We feel equally disappointed by the delay.

"Regrettably, we are still awaiting news from the Premier League and, therefore, are not in a position to confirm a new date for either the cup tie or any other fixtures that may or may not be affected.

"We feel it is totally unacceptable, but we want our fans to know that we are continuing to make every effort to get a decision at the earliest opportunity."

Link

Sounds like the Premier League are the one's delaying things.

Rovers' officials have expressed 'deep frustration' over the delay in announcing a new date for the Carling Cup semi-final with Aston Villa at Ewood Park.

The home leg of the semi-final, scheduled for last night, was postponed due to the adverse weather conditions.

Rovers' managing director Tom Finn said: "It is all very unsatisfactory and we fully understand the frustrations being experienced by our supporters. We feel equally disappointed by the delay.

"Regrettably, we are still awaiting news from the Premier League and, therefore, are not in a position to confirm a new date for either the cup tie or any other fixtures that may or may not be affected.

"We feel it is totally unacceptable, but we want our fans to know that we are continuing to make every effort to get a decision at the earliest opportunity."

Link

Cheers for the Update mate...

Text from my mate who works at Villa - confirmed for next Thursday.

Edit: Now confirmed by Rovers:

Rovers' Carling Cup semi-final 1st leg against Aston Villa at Ewood Park has now been confirmed to take place on Thursday 14th January, kick-off 8.00pm.

Consequently, our Barclays Premier League game at home against Fulham has moved back 24 hours to Sunday 17th January, with a 3.00pm kick-off.

Existing match tickets will be valid for the rearranged fixtures but fans who have purchased tickets and are now unable to attend on the new dates, can obtain a refund by applying to the ticket office in advance of the fixture.

The Carling Cup semi-final 2nd leg will remain on the 20th January with a 7.45pm kick-off at Villa Park

I've put this here as don't wanna start a new thread.

Without tempting fete, can someone help.

I'm trying to work out finances as it's going to be an expensive time to be a Villa fanif everything went to plan.

Does anyone know the ticket prices if we reach the final, or does anyone know last years prices as I doubt they would change that much in 12 months.

I've put this here as don't wanna start a new thread.

Without tempting fete, can someone help.

I'm trying to work out finances as it's going to be an expensive time to be a Villa fanif everything went to plan.

Does anyone know the ticket prices if we reach the final, or does anyone know last years prices as I doubt they would change that much in 12 months.

3 categories I believe, £35, £55 and £75 I think, or somewhere around those figures. Cheapest ticket was just over £30 though...

When is the final tickets on sale and do you think it will be difficult to get a ticket when we qualify?

Depends who you are

If you're a 1-2 game a season fan then unless you have contacts or will pay over the odds on the black market then you have no chance.

I think our allocation ~ season ticket holders more or less

I think we have about 20k season ticket holders and will get just under 30k for the final. So there'll be around 10k left.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves...