The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Froch gets hit hard and just looks at his opponent like it missed. He's a beast.

Aye, but Kessler did rock him and vice-versa.

Two absolute warriors. There's something about this division isn't there, it never seems to disappoint. 

I have never seen a bad Froch fight .

Dirrell was terrible, but that is the only one that immediately springs to mind. 

I still think Froch's run of opponents is insane. Going back to the Pascal fight Froch has only had one gimme in five years, which was Yusuf Mack.  Cant think of another fighter who has been in with so many top drawer opponents in a row. 

Close fight really, Adelaide Bird's card of 118-110 was **** ridiculous. 116-112 is reasonably fair although the 115-113 card was absolutely spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Froch did a silly dance in round 11 after getting caught and nearly got put away, the Kessler of old probably would have done that but as he said in the interview he just didn't have the energy to do it.

Anyway, great fight, Froch did well, still, he has no chance in a rematch with Ward.

Dirrell was terrible, but that is the only one that immediately springs to mind. 

I still think Froch's run of opponents is insane. Going back to the Pascal fight Froch has only had one gimme in five years, which was Yusuf Mack.  Cant think of another fighter who has been in with so many top drawer opponents in a row. 

Dirrell was robbed in that as well.

Froch really doesn't handle slicksters with hand speed very well, which is why Dirrell outboxed him and Ward completely outclassed him.

How can anyone not root for Carl Froch. Or Kessler for that matter. 

It's a shame that may well be the end for Kessler. A fitting one though you would say. 

You don't need to 'root' for anyone, for me this was a fight that I could sit back and enjoy, and I did.

Kessler still has something left in the tank which is why he gave Froch a lot of problems tonight and made the fight very close. I don't see him beating Froch if they fight again, and he certainly won't beat Ward if they fought again.

But I do think he could beat Stiglitz who holds the WBO belt.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Great fight and thoroughly deserved win for Froch who I had by 5 rounds.

If Ward has got the balls to come to England then I could see Froch avenging the only defeat he hasn't now avenged. I very much doubt Ward will want to fight in front of an English crowd though.

Have to say Froch is a class act both in and out of the ring and is an absolute credit to the sport.

That was the most accurate I can recall Mrs. Bird ever being to be honest. She has no idea what she is watching, ever.

I had Froch by 3 in this one. Saying he has no chance against Ward is harsh IMO, he did well in the last few rounds of the first fight and seems to be better than ever now. He'll obviously be a massive under dog but I wouldn't completely discount him without a second thought.

I still think Froch's run of opponents is insane. Going back to the Pascal fight Froch has only had one gimme in five years, which was Yusuf Mack. Cant think of another fighter who has been in with so many top drawer opponents in a row.

I did not see that fight :)

How can anyone say Froch doesn't have a chance against ward? If ward had balls he would come over to the uk and fight Froch. Froch has never lost here so if ward can beat him here he puts himself on a even higher scale.

If I was Froch I would have mocked ward and said if ward has the grapefruits he would come to fight me in the uk

How can anyone say Froch doesn't have a chance against ward? If ward had balls he would come over to the uk and fight Froch. Froch has never lost here so if ward can beat him here he puts himself on a even higher scale.

If I was Froch I would have mocked ward and said if ward has the grapefruits he would come to fight me in the uk

Thing is Ward has already beaten him and doesn't have anything to prove, the only reason that Ward would take the fight is for the $$$'s

They interviewed Ward after the fight, he claimed the last time he beat Froch, while it was in America, it was still a 5 hour plane ride from where he is from so by no means a "home" fight.  Said Froch's people need to call him and sort it out or stop name dropping him after every fight, didn't rule out fighting in the UK, but I guess its all about the "£'s" or should I say "$'s"

Â