The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I stayed at me mom n dads tonight and they cried when I put the boxing on, Eubanks jr does look promising but I think the fights he has had should have been away from the TV screens, I think he may end up suffering from over exposure and arrogance.

Only caught the first few rounds of degale and you could tell how it was going so I wasn't too bothered when me mom n dad made me switch it off lol.

Kessler looked good again, better than his last outing but I was pretty tired so I'm Gunna have to watch it again to pick up on the finer details of the fight, the Irish fella (can't remember his name now) couldn't take a body shot for shit though that first one **** crippled him.

COME ON MARQUEZ

Pacquiao is done off of that IMO especially at his age, that was a shocking, brutal KO.

I guess the next drama will be the results of Marquez's piss test LOL

EDIT: Pacquiao just said he's up for number 5 lol, I guess it could happen, Pacquiao nearly had Marquez out of there in round 5, but what about the effects of that KO. Think Roy Jones, he got pasted by Tarver at a similar age and could never take the punch again.

I'd wager that Pacquiao's legendary chin and punch resistance is now gone for good.

Just watched the fight, **** hell I'm glad that Marquez won but **** me I never expected him to do it by completely sparking Pacquiao like that.

Gotta be the end of him that has, I dont think he has been the same fighter as he was for a while now and he will probably be best off now to knock it on the head now.

I don't know about a 5th fight between them how many time's do they need to keep revisiting it before people start questioning if they have anything else left other than each other?

Just watched the fight, **** hell I'm glad that Marquez won but **** me I never expected him to do it by completely sparking Pacquiao like that.

Gotta be the end of him that has, I dont think he has been the same fighter as he was for a while now and he will probably be best off now to knock it on the head now.

I don't know about a 5th fight between them how many time's do they need to keep revisiting it before people start questioning if they have anything else left other than each other?

Well Pacquiao seemed to want to avenge that brutal KO and Marquez well, in his mind probably wants to even the score, but then, if he does that is there going to be a 6th fight in order to give Marquez the chance to win 3-2? It sounds silly.

I reckon a fifth fight is on the cards since there's no serious chance of a Mayweather fight now and there's only really Marquez and a rematch with Bradley out there for him. Rios wants Pacquiao but I don't see that taking place and frankly I think Pacquiao would win that easy.

I think you're right that (a) he hasn't been the same and that (b ) this is effectively the end of him. He has slowed down and lost some of his speed and reflexes, he was boxing beautifully at times today but it was the classic case of a great fighter getting caught, and this happened twice on the same night. How many legit. great fighters get knocked out cold? not many, Duran springs to mind but given Pacquiao's age.. hence my Roy Jones analogy.

Pacquiao has traded on his chin for a long time, the difference was that he was always so light on his feet he was able to buffer the punches. Today he was much heavier on his feet and got a sickening KO, his first since 1996 where he was KO'd pretty much cold (his second KO loss was a body shot I think).

A fifth fight with Marquez will end in stoppage, whether Pacquiao or Marquez I don't know, Pacquiao still has the power to stop Marquez, as we saw in the fifth round. But I don't see Pacquiao ever taking the punch well again.

Just saw the KO. It's definitely going to be KO of the year, isnt it? Absolutely brutal, Manny was asleep before he hit the deck.

Honestly, given Pacquiao's status, it has to go down as one of the best knock outs in the history of the sport. It reminded me of the Martinez - Williams KO as far as technique goes.

If Manny actually continues to fight on he needs a good year to recover from that.

I would love to know how long Mayweather intends to keep on for himself to be honest, who is out there that would interest him?

he is about 35 or 36 now aint he and has had about 45 fights and never even been put on his arse let alone get beat by anyone, I think everyone agrees that he is one of the greats and I would hate to see him keep on going for too long and lose his big 0

Mayweather has slowed down, he certainly doesn't have the head movement he once had. The only reason he'd entertain a fight with Pacquiao now is because Pacquiao as we once knew him is finished, his punch resistance has gone and he's so prone to the counter-right, Mayweather will be licking his lips.

The longer Mayweather stays in the game the more likely he will be stopped, people thought Roy Jones was unbeatable until he lost some of his reflexes and was stopped by Tarver.

I see Mayweather having like 3 fights left, one against Robert Guerrero, then one perhaps against Pacquiao (as long as Mayweather can squeeze Pacquiao on the purse and then a fight with Canelo Alvarez.

The fact that the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight didn't happen 3 years ago is a travesty, both are past their best.

Â