The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Garcia is too emotional for me in the build up to this. Tank can give the verbals back but he stays in the middle emotionally. I’ve a feeling Ryan gonna fight angry and from a technical point of view he does so much wrong ( Campbell knock down ) that i can’t see how he beats Tank. And i still don’t think this happens until they both get to fight week. 

Sounds like the Tyson Usyk fight ain't gonna happen. Yet again Tyson, although claiming he don't need the money, is arguing over the split. Usyk camp also want the bigger split if Usyk wins, Tyson won't agree to that either, even though he says he will win it easily.

I doubt Tyson really wants this fight anyway at the moment.

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sounds like the Tyson Usyk fight ain't gonna happen. Yet again Tyson, although claiming he don't need the money, is arguing over the split. Usyk camp also want the bigger split if Usyk wins, Tyson won't agree to that either, even though he says he will win it easily.

I doubt Tyson really wants this fight anyway at the moment.

If the fight doesn't happen its because he doesn't want it 100%. I like the bloke and what he's done in the game but he's a bit of a joke at the moment. Especially after that recent fight with Chisora which was a waste  of everyone's time.

• Like 2

Tyson coming across like a prick here. BBC

Krassyuk says a 60/40 split to the winner was rejected by Fury and Usyk could instead face Daniel Dubois next.

On Friday, Fury posted on his social media channels offering a 70/30 split.

"From every day from today that you linger or mess around, I'll deduct one percent from the 30 per cent," he added on Instagram.

Edited by av1

Fury called his bluff and the very same day Usyk came back with this 👌👏 Love it. Agree with you sheepy, it’s not a particularly fun fight entertainment wise but both are the top guys in the division. I’d definitely watch it. Like Inoue, going straight up to bantamweight and fighting Fulton. Best fighting the best in division is all you can ask for. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Usyk is a very clever and likeable guy, really hope they can make this fight now.

Usyk will be Fury's hardest fight yet, if Fury ain't at 100% he won't win. 

5 hours ago, tinker said:

Usyk will be Fury's hardest fight yet, if Fury ain't at 100% he won't win. 

I think the same could be said for both men only that there’s little to no worry that Usyk won’t be at 100% because he seems so laser focused 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think the same could be said for both men only that there’s little to no worry that Usyk won’t be at 100% because he seems so laser focused 

He’s in Fury’s head already. Going face-to-face with him and calling him out after the Chisora fight. 

Tony Yoka is literally the french Audley Harrison. Big tv deal since pro debut with the state broadcaster, fought exclusively in France. It’s Audley on the Beeb X2. And he’s not very good. Takam is old and been beaten a good few times. Yoka beaten by Bakolie too. 

For the folk who think Usyk hasn’t a chance against Fury, consider this. Steve Cunnigham put Fury down, and hard !! A career cruiserweight. Arguably the last really skilled fighter he fought. Usyk is technically very proficient. This notion that he’d barely tickle Fury is naive. Could hurt him. 

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Don’t nobody tell me Usyk can’t do this. 

He can but that's just a lucky shot. Usyk will, imo, target Furys body and wear him down. Fury has only just started training  for this fight and it's a little more than 6 weeks away, I see big problems for him and i think Usyk knows it, hence the small purse. 

14 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

All the pressure is on Fury. A good big'n and all that. 

5 hours ago, tinker said:

He can but that's just a lucky shot. Usyk will, imo, target Furys body and wear him down. Fury has only just started training  for this fight and it's a little more than 6 weeks away, I see big problems for him and i think Usyk knows it, hence the small purse. 

My point was he hurt him and Cunningham is probably even a bit smaller than Fury. 

Â