The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Taylor won the fight, she won the count in enough rounds, it's deceptive. Thought the commentary was extremely Serrano bias. Serrano strategy was no fight in the pocket and pressure Katie because she folds under pressure, wtf they talking about, she's won almost every round she's ever fought and never been put down. Serrano had power but Taylor's movement and accuracy win the fight.

Ps. Wtf is a Jake Paul, what a bullshitter.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think Ali was just being polite. Imo, he would have boxed the ears off Marciano, has he did with most brawlers. I know Frazier beat him, but he had already been robbed of his most prime years. I would struggle to get Marciano in my top ten, but it's all subjective at the end of the day.

Lets not also forget that Ali won his title against Sonny Liston who just gave up and then in the rematch that a very dubious knockout in the first round to say the least. Also would have been counted out against Henry Cooper but for the bell. Marciano was a a different kettle of fish. Very hard upbringing, trained harder than anybody even by today standards and he hit harder than Joe Frazier.  49 fights, 49 wins 43 knockouts. Theres only one Rocky!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who remembers this?

The Guardian

The forgotten story of … the Rocky Marciano v Muhammad Ali Super Fight
In 1969 the greatest heavyweights of the 50s and 60s met in a gym to act out the moves of a fight supposedly determined by a computer. Cue ketchup, lawsuits, and a flying toupee.

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone else think Jake Paul and Harry Kane are related ?

I'm waiting for Bellew to accept the fight with him. Bellew cannot hold back and even if told not too, will hurt Jake Paul, hopefully. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm waiting for Bellew to accept the fight with him. Bellew cannot hold back and even if told not too, will hurt Jake Paul, hopefully. 

This, yes please and after Everton have been relegated too, TB would probably kill him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair to him, he said he would come back for ridiculous money.

Meant more so about his last fight, retirement. He literally said he wanted a quiet life with his family and to be left alone. Fellas on DAZN and podcasts every week 😂

Really looking forward to the Bivol v Canelo fight, will be having a slice of the 5/1 on offer for Bivol. Great chance if he can get his jab going as the pace will suit him as well 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Really looking forward to the Bivol v Canelo fight, will be having a slice of the 5/1 on offer for Bivol. Great chance if he can get his jab going as the pace will suit him as well 

I dunno, Canelo's one of my favorites, he is a machine when on it, far from the Canelo who lost to Mayweather.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I dunno, Canelo's one of my favorites, he is a machine when on it, far from the Canelo who lost to Mayweather.

Messing around in higher weight classes against opponents he handpicks as being susceptible to beat will only last so long. No disputing his achievements (apart from being found out as a cheat) but he always plays the cards very well along with his loathsome promoter. He will come unstuck, Whether it be at light heavy or cruiser weight and this weekend could be it. I can see he will probably have to be knocked out to lose mind as he’s never gonna get a points decision against him is he

• Like 1

I like Bivol. Tidy fighter. Arguably the most skilful fighter Canelo has fight since Golovkin. I don’t think though his punch output is big enough. He looks great in slow pace fights and Canelo can turn up the volume when he wants to. 

On 06/05/2022 at 21:03, Follyfoot said:

Messing around in higher weight classes against opponents he handpicks as being susceptible to beat will only last so long. No disputing his achievements (apart from being found out as a cheat) but he always plays the cards very well along with his loathsome promoter. He will come unstuck, Whether it be at light heavy or cruiser weight and this weekend could be it. I can see he will probably have to be knocked out to lose mind as he’s never gonna get a points decision against him is he

You got ahead, Foll?

Â