Poll: Finish 4th or win the League Cup?

PompeyVillan

4th or League Cup?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. 4th or League Cup?

• League Cup
    • 4th

As much as I'd love us to get a cup, I'd prefer to finish top 4 -

just because we'd be the first team to do it for a while, we'd get Champs League and we'd break up the usual, predictable man u, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal party.

Are you three serious? I may have missed the sarcasm but...you would seriously give up a place in the CL for the mickey mouse cup?

I too would love for us to grab some silverware this season, but not at the expense of the massive step forward that gaining Champions League football would give us!

Are you three serious? I may have missed the sarcasm but...you would seriously give up a place in the CL for the mickey mouse cup?

I too would love for us to grab some silverware this season, but not at the expense of the massive step forward that gaining Champions League football would give us!

Yeah, because it was a massive step forward for Everton wasn't it...

Where are they now again?

That's sort of a different question you've put foward.

We'd have to play 1 qualifying round (3rd round) in Champions League to ensure ourselves in the actual competition... if it was a certainty that we'd be playing in Champions League proper, oh yes, I'd certainly prefer to play in Champions League than win the League Cup.

Yeah, because it was a massive step forward for Everton wasn't it...

Unlike winning the LC, which really was massive step forward for boro.

You can't take the level of success of one particular club following a certain level of achievement and apply that to another.

12 vote for each at the moment. Interesting.

I feel my stance is partly down to fact that I feel deep down that it is far more likely that we'll win the LC than finish 4th. And I agree with Trent, , finishing 4th would be the greater footballing achievement, but less recognised.

Would finishing 4th be better for our long term development though? I'm not sure. We could finish 4th, struggle to sign the star players that we crave and then fail to qualify for the group stages of the Champion's League.

Â