Poll: Finish 4th or win the League Cup?

PompeyVillan

4th or League Cup?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. 4th or League Cup?

• League Cup
    • 4th

4th.

and then the cups will flow in future years.

yeah. Just like Newcastle and Everton......er :?

You are right I'd rather be like oh I don't know Boro or Leicester who have really felt the benefit of the league cup wins.

Selective clubs. Why not mention Man. Utd Liverpool etc.winning the League cup. Even our glory years were started by us winning the said trophy. Nobody remembers finishing fourth in anything. Call me old fashioned , but winning silverware at Wembley still holds an attraction for this old timer.

As it does me as I said I want both, your arguement nobdy remembers who finishes 4th is weakened somewhat by the fact you yourself mention Everton and Newcastle.

Edit - P.S Without cheating can you remember who won the League Cup the seasons that Everton, Leeds and Newcastle qualified for the CL?

Hey guys (well, I mean the ones who think finishing 4th automaticially means we make group stages of Champions League);

Would you disregard winning the League Cup if it meant it was our only route into Europa League next season if we don't finish in top 6 spot this season?

Hey guys (well, I mean the ones who think finishing 4th automaticially means we make group stages of Champions League);

Would you disregard winning the League Cup if it meant it was our only route into Europa League next season if we don't finish in top 6 spot this season?

1. I don't think it automatically gives us Champions League place, but it's one Home and away tie against probably an inferior team to us.

2. I'm not dis-regarding the League Cup, I'd love to win the league cup, if I didn't care, I wouldn't of travelled and spent alot of money going down to Portsmouth in the Quarter final, however this is a straight question 4th or League Cup and for the progression of the club and for me wanting to see it achieve sustained success, I went with 4th.

Fair enough... but personally I'd rather see us win a cup, show we're still a strong and competitive team in the league with another top 6 finish and playing in a competition we can win rather than finishing 4th with lots of hype and media-wanking attention about us and the Champions League and then look very silly by getting knocked out of the qualifying round. If I re-phrase the question to "A League Cup and a top 6 finish or GETTING PAST THE QUALIFYING ROUND AND PLAYING IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE proper"... well, that's an easy decision.

1. I don't think it automatically gives us Champions League place, but it's one Home and away tie against probably an inferior team to us.

:|

I think you need to take of the Claret and Blue tinted specs, we are a good team yes but also unseeded, we'd get a seeded team if we made it to the qualification round and to say they would be inferior is quite narrow minded and just asking for trouble...

Rapid Vienna mkII, only against a better team.

We should aim for 3rd, not 4th.

Play off Games this year (part we'd come in)

FC Sheriff 0-3 Olympiacos FC 0-2 Report» 0-1 Report»

FC København 2-3 APOEL FC 1-0 Report» 1-3 Report»

Celtic FC 1-5 Arsenal FC 0-2 Report» 1-3 Report»

FC Timişoara 0-2 VfB Stuttgart 0-2 Report» 0-0 Report»

Sporting Clube de Portugal 3-3 ACF Fiorentina (ag) 2-2 Report» 1-1 Report»

Panathinaikos FC 2-5 Club Atlético de Madrid 2-3 Report» 0-2 Report»

PFC Levski Sofia 1-4 Debreceni VSC 1-2 Report» 0-2 Report»

Olympique Lyonnais 8-2 RSC Anderlecht 5-1 Report» 3-1 Report»

FC Salzburg 1-5 Maccabi Haifa FC 1-2 Report» 0-3 Report»

FK Ventspils 1-5 FC Zürich

For me, only Lyon, Athletico Madrid and Fiorentina are probably better teams than us. There are some other decent sides there too, but only these 3 I'd be really "Oh crap" about...

Â