PL: Spurs h Match Thread 2009/11/28 17:30

limpid

Well we've sacraficed attacking play to keep it tight and keep Tottenham at bay which I think is the right option to be fair although we are getting dominated a little and pulled out of position.

I'd give the first 15 minutes of the half abit of a go, look for a second and then on 60 minutes goal or not bring Downing on for Carew and play Downing in the hole and stick him on Huddlestone.

i also see panic in our boys on the ball. No composure. They are all a bit like gabby....if you let them think on the ball they dont know what to do and it goes all the bloody way back to Brad, if you hurry our players they can produce a little magic. NO COMPOSURE!!

bit of a back and forth half- we would have a good 5 mins, then it would be all spurs for 5, then we would get hold of it again etc.

we need to stop giving it away so easily though, because if we keep giving spurs too much of the ball they will score eventually. if we are playing direct then carew and gabby need to make it stick upfront, and ash and milner need to do something with it when they get it out wide

I think we're doing reasonably well so far. We need to continue to close them down all over the pitch. I was a bit worried near the end of the half though as we started to drop a bit too deep. Anyway, nice first half from the lads. Hopefully we can keep it up and get the win. 2-1 to the mighty Villa is still on. :D

i also see panic in our boys on the ball. No composure. They are all a bit like gabby....if you let them think on the ball they dont know what to do and it goes all the bloody way back to Brad, if you hurry our players they can produce a little magic. NO COMPOSURE!!

I'd say we lack that patience, everytime someone gets on the ball it's always run direct, play the tricky ball because it's forward. There are times when Tottenham are dominating periods of the game, we win the ball back and look for a killer pass.

We need to put our foot on the ball, people need to move around keep giving their team mates options and try to play through them which we can. We've shown 3/4 times by being patient and moving the ball, gaps will appear.

We are pressing Spuds very well forcing them into misplacing passes both attackingly and defensively, disciplined line in the defence is causing Spurs to retain the ball and build up, they are looking vulnerable at the back to our pace.