PL: Bolton h Match Thread 2009/11/07 15:00

limpid

-------------------------FRIEDEL----------------------------

--CUELLAR------DUNNE-------COLLINS-----WARNOCK--

----------------REO-COKER----SIDWELL-------------------

--------------------------DELPH------------------------------

----MILNER-------------------------------------YOUNG------

--------------------------GABBY------------------------------

Having watched Delph over 90 minutes many many times for Leeds, I can say quite categorically that even though he's not impressed thus far, he's good enough.

I know some people are suggesting almost out of desperation at our lack of creativity and don't know much about him, but I honestly feel that I'm in a position to say with complete certainty that given a run in the team, he'll be great for us.

Delph was a bit naive in his first game (although I thought he was the one that carried any threat for us), but he was a potential man of the match against Cardiff, and at Blackburn he was taken off when he was the best player in the front 6. From what I can remember these are the 3 games he has played.

Unfortunately he hasn't been given a chance to express himself as yet by MON, due to him playing him with Petrov which is pointless, as Delph is stifled by attempting to Petrov's dirty work, which I don't think he is comfortable with. There's a chance for him today to shine.

-------------------------FRIEDEL----------------------------

--CUELLAR------DUNNE-------COLLINS-----WARNOCK--

----------------REO-COKER----SIDWELL-------------------

--------------------------DELPH------------------------------

----MILNER-------------------------------------YOUNG------

--------------------------GABBY------------------------------

Having watched Delph over 90 minutes many many times for Leeds, I can say quite categorically that even though he's not impressed thus far, he's good enough.

I know some people are suggesting almost out of desperation at our lack of creativity and don't know much about him, but I honestly feel that I'm in a position to say with complete certainty that given a run in the team, he'll be great for us.

Completely agree, I think that that is our best shape and with the exception of Luke Young, our best 11.

I think we're gonna miss petrov badly today. I think we've become to used to his contribution and massively under value it.

He is usually missing for about 60 minutes of every game anyway, so it will be like playing with 11 men today imo. And we didnt miss him in pre season