PL: Bolton h Match Thread 2009/11/07 15:00

limpid

If he picks Heskey at left wing again I will have a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. With Petrov suspended he has an ideal chance to play a system that works.

For me...

..................Friedel

Young Collins Dunne © Warnock

.......Reo Coker Sidwell Delph

..........................Young

........Carew Gabby

Give Young the freedom to express himself, and play a central three, which doesn't mean playing NRC at RW. I'm relishing the prospect of a dynamic midfield (Sidwell aside).

And please don't move Gabby to the right to accommodate Heskey either MON.

There would be one or two options on the bench, but I think we'd have more than enough with this team. The Fonz's movement v a tiring Knight could be interesting, and young albrighton v an ageing paul robison at LB?

If he picks Heskey at left wing again I will have a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. With Petrov suspended he has an ideal chance to play a system that works.

For me...

..................Friedel

Young Collins Dunne © Warnock

.......Reo Coker Sidwell Delph

..........................Young

........Carew Gabby

Give Young the freedom to express himself, and play a central three, which doesn't mean playing NRC at RW. I'm relishing the prospect of a dynamic midfield (Sidwell aside).

And please don't move Gabby to the right to accommodate Heskey either MON.

There would be one or two options on the bench, but I think we'd have more than enough with this team. The Fonz's movement v a tiring Knight could be interesting, and young albrighton v an ageing paul robison at LB?

Good team actually, almost incomprehensible for our team to not have wingers! But yes, I'd love that team to play.

I'd stick my Les Paul on O'Neill playing the following team

Friedel

Cuellar

Warncok

Dunne

Collins

Petrov

Sidwell

Young

Milner (or Coker if Milner is still injured)

Carew

Gabby

He won't go 4-5-1 at home to Bolton.

Last season Bolton played some defensively naive football against us. At the time i think we were struggling to find the net and beat the lower level teams but we beat them 4-2 and i think Gabby got a brace. We could really do with another poor defensive performance from Bolton and another 4 goals. A win is imperative.

3-1 Villa

Mate if i were you i would keep that Les Paul and not even think of using it to bet on what side O'Neill is going to put out at the moment. I have an 1989 sunburst Les Paul myself and i would rather sell my fiancee than risk losing it!

Really glad that Petrov isn't playing, so after O'Neill's team of liquorich allsorts against West Ham, it will be very interesting to see what he comes up with next?

My team for the Bolton game.....

Guzan

Young Dunne Collins Warnock

Albrighton Reo-Coker Gardner Young

Delph

Agbonlahor

Creativity, pace and Gardner there to at least test the Bolton keeper with a few long range shots. I also think Gardner has a better all round game than Sidwell!

Delph would move back into midfield when Bolton have the ball.

Would love to see this team and formation, but MON will play both Sidwell and Heskey and might even give a game to Salifou at RB! :cry:

Well as Petrov is suspended it's a good job i didn't bet it. It's not a sunburst, it's a white studio, 1996 i think.

I'd love to see a five man midfield with the likes of Albrighton and Delph given a chance but i can't see it happening. It'll be Sidders and Coker in the centre with Milner and Young on the wings.

Flogged off all my gibsons, as they are really not as hot as they are made out to be. Guitars for a lot of money made for posers..... Make my own now from cigarboxes.

With them you can model your sound so much better, and they are really a lot lighter when on stage for a few hours.

Any bets that NRC will get himself booked for either a silly foul or repeated fouls if he plays from the start.....

Same for Delph.

Nasty looking game if we are unable to hold the ball in our own ranks.

Bolton are maybe not quite what you could call top opposition, but they are a tough team to break down if they come and park the bus. An early goal is essential to make this look like a football match. Just hope it is for us.

My thoughts.

Their basic tactics:

A: park the bus, in which case, our wing play won't be especially useful, meaning we'll need to actually try shooting

B: try to bully through us, which should leave them open to the counter, and they do not have a quick central defense in any regard

C: spread it wide, then rely on their fullbacks to get forward to support their wingers and attacking mids, but Megson probably realizes that would be suicide against us in particular

The battle between our defenders and Kevin Davies should be interesting. He seems to be the real trial by fire when it comes to defending aerial attacks.

Nullify both Taylor and Cohen, and we ought to control the center with ease and eliminate their midfield goal threat.

We need to limit their set piece opportunities, not only because of their height and strength, but because Matty Taylor's left foot is a danger from just about anywhere.

I would start Carew, because he will take Knight out of the game and create spaces in the defense and room for the rest of the attack to operate.

Our mobility is key, even more than usual, as we cannot hope to out-muscle them. Delph and Delf might actually be good choices (due to their pace and energy) if our formation affords them space, but if not, Delph in particular doesn't have the build yet to handle the battering.

The right team and the right attitude should give this one to us comfortably. Here's hoping.

Will be nice to see Albrighton get a game if Milner's still out and NRC plays in the middle. If Heskey's fit again though, I can see MON playing him and Carew with Gabby out wide again. If not, we may see Delfouneso at some point methinks.

Almost decided to drive down for this game but didn't - so we'll probably win about 7-0 and it'll be the best performance ever.

I think this will be a lot tougher than many people think. They wll be coming for a draw and play physical football. These are two things we have found it hard to cope with in the past.

However, we need a win today and I fully expect us to be able to get it. If not then I will be extremely annoyed. Basically it won't be easy but we should win. I'm going for 2-0 to us.

Its not going to happen but i'd love to see Delfouneso start. Although I don't think him and Gabby would play particularly well in our system.

So I would go Gabby on right with carew n Delfouneso or dare I say it 3 up top.