Twitter

sparey16

It was some American woman who randomly chose theashes as here name. People assumed it was the official account of, well, The Ashes and spammed her with messages. She went from less than 100 followers to about 15,000 overnight, it made a few newspapers and websites and she is having her 15 minutes of fame.

She is currently watching the 5th test in Sydney as she was given an all expenses paid trip to see what this Cricket game is all about.

She's been a little celebrity in Australia.

It was funnier when she was getting really pissed off with tweets such as 'I AM NOT A FREAKING CRICKET MATCH! STOP MENTIONING ME'. Once she started milking it I got bored. But she won't care, free trip to Australia and live interviews on Test Match Sofa.

Hey there VT twitterers can you please start posting with the hashtag #reocokermustgoginger and if you want an explanation of why go here. sure its silly and its just for fits and giggles but its a laugh, NRC has seen it and thinks its funny, so we want it trending :)

Thank you to all who do

Hey there VT twitterers can you please start posting with the hashtag #reocokermustgoginger and if you want an explanation of why go here. sure its silly and its just for fits and giggles but its a laugh, NRC has seen it and thinks its funny, so we want it trending :)

Thank you to all who do

hehe, NRC = Simon Phoenix. 8)

I've never quite 'got' twitter, but more recently I've enjoyed tweeting with the local sports Journos who cover Villa. They're interesting.

SO ask them to tweet or retweet the #reocokermustgoginger thang :mrgreen:

Â