General Chat

Stevo985

I didn't view it as smugness more look at me I think I'm Stewert Lee and cleverer than everyone else

I think you do down the poster concerned if you think he is believing himself to 'be cleverer than everyone else', there.

I think (though I may be wrong) that he is (and believes that he is doing nothing more than) pointing out the obvious (with a little caveat about the colour of the skin of the western visitors).

Have you been following events in Thailand ? It really has nothing to do with the white man / westerners ...Next you'll be saying that the Syria conflict is so white people have someone nice to go to see historical buildings

Ps

VT quoting FTW :) he he

• Like 1

I'm not sure that it's fair to put forward your political criticism of his politicial comment as something personal, Tony.

Yeah, calling somebody Stewart Lee is below the belt.

Well that screwed up my edit, didn't it? :rant:

I'll remove any mention of your post for £5.

Damn, I forgot to switch accounts.

• Like 2

Jeez, you'd think I was a Guardian columnist or summat.

No, you haven't made me feel guilty for being male lately.

The inference is that he has in the (distant) past? :)

Not so distant, just not so recent ;)

Have you been following events in Thailand ? It really has nothing to do with the white man / westerners ...

I would be surprised if anyone thinks it does. My post was a not entirely serious reaction to a rather serious development.

I shouldn't have to spell everything I post out, but apparently I do.

• Like 1

Ps

Hey, I held my hands up.

I didn't edit my post to hide owt, though, just that I thought that what I said subsequently was more worthy of the topic.

On the subject (whilst not being ITK with Thai comings and goings on a first hand/face to face basis...ooer), it would be slightly bizarre that the thoughts of those in power or those wanting to take power (whether temporarily or otherwise) wouldn't have consideration for lots of things including a tourist industry that is supposedly 10% of Thai GDP.

It isn't as crass as CED's post: I very much doubt he meant it in those terms either - perhaps he was putting something out there in order to spark a debate (I've heard that put forward by one or two people in the past ;) )?

Have you been following events in Thailand ? It really has nothing to do with the white man / westerners ...

I would be surprised if anyone thinks it does. My post was a not entirely serious reaction to a rather serious development.

I shouldn't have to spell everything I post out, but apparently I do.

You're aiming your post at the wrong person

The debate is now about someone else commenting on a comment that someone else made about your comment :)

Ps

Hey, I held my hands up.

I didn't edit my post to hide owt, though, just that I thought that what I said subsequently was more worthy of the topic.

On the subject (whilst not being ITK with Thai comings and goings on a first hand/face to face basis...ooer), it would be slightly bizarre that the thoughts of those in power or those wanting to take power (whether temporarily or otherwise) wouldn't have consideration for lots of things including a tourist industry that is supposedly 10% of Thai GDP.

It isn't as crass as CED's post: I very much doubt he meant it in those terms either - perhaps he was putting something out there in order to spark a debate (I've heard that put forward by one or two people in the past ;) )?

It's been going on since 2006 without having to much impact on females wanting to go there because they saw the beach with that cute Leo bloke in the cinema

My mate living out there reckons there will be more elections and the army won't be taking a leaf out of the Egyptian armies play book ... I lost the Skype connection at that point so couldn't find out any more of his thoughts on the matter ..

It's been going on since 2006 without having to much impact on females wanting to go there because they saw the beach with that cute Leo bloke in the cinema

Isn't the point that things going on as usual (or cracked down upon) will tend to keep the levels of tourism/investment and so on the same.

Allowing people to demonstrate/rise up/rebel/inconvenience (others) and more is likely to have a negative impact upon the above and is thus likely to be something that is 'dealt' with (whether it be Thailand, Sochi, London or wherever).

Just said on the news that 80% of polio casualties in the world live in Pakistan ... Seems the Taliban have been killing people administering the vaccines due to some previous use of the health program by the CIA to spy on the locals ...:

Bonkers stuff

I'm not sure that it's fair to put forward your political criticism of his politicial comment as something personal, Tony.

Could be worse. Could be Jason Lee.

I look like Jason Lee, from the forehead up, at this very moment. Yes we do have one other slight similarity but mine's got a bit of the colour of this writing in it.

The footballer, not the actor by the way.

I look like Jason Lee, from the forehead up, at this very moment. Yes we do have one other slight similarity but mine's got a bit of the colour of this writing in it.

Damn it! I was straight on Google getting a My Name Is Earl picture, and then I saw the small bit on the right of the screen!

• Like 1

Lee,_Jason.jpg

"I'm not bald" you said :rolleyes:

Haha, afterwards I googled him and saw that recent picture and immediately thought....oh dear :D

It's like this bloke's hair

nxwg8n.jpg

• Like 1

Lee,_Jason.jpg

"I'm not bald" you said :rolleyes:

Haha, afterwards I googled him and saw that recent picture and immediately thought....oh dear :D

It's like this bloke's hair

nxwg8n.jpg

You should go for the Coolio look :thumb:

[/

I like pineapples too.

Â