General Chat

Stevo985

That's not terrible for a maisonette?

What do you mean bud?

I don't really know Brum prices if I'm honest, nor the layout of your place... but that sounds about right for a maisonette around by me.

Some of my photo's from North Korea were published and have a © with my name on them :-)

4 were used in some Toronto based newspaper and one has been used on a South Korean website as it turns out I captured a mobile missile launcher that the DPRK aren't supposed to have (or something like that) and it is causing a bit of a stir with some North Korea observers

no money involved but it's step closer to fame :-)

Some of my photo's from North Korea were published and have a © with my name on them :-)

4 were used in some Toronto based newspaper and one has been used on a South Korean website as it turns out I captured a mobile missile launcher that the DPRK aren't supposed to have (or something like that) and it is causing a bit of a stir with some North Korea observers

And another step closer to a car battery hooked up to your nuts next time you visit the DPRK.

Congratulations chief.

And another step closer to a car battery hooked up to your nuts next time you visit the DPRK.

Congratulations chief.

:lol:

Congratulations chief.

:-)

after my 2 am visit to a the hotel foyer roof involving 2 fellow travellers and a giant portrait of the Dear Leader , the car battery incident very nearly happened on the first visit !!

A good offer?

Right here goes...we are currently in a ground floor maisonette, with the little dude and just wanting a house etc. we put it up for £130k...then to £125k...then to £119k...then to offers in excess of £110k.

The bloke has offered £110k with us leaving the blinds, shed, fire place, fridge freezer & cooker.

Im hoping for £115k, but its a start.

You've got the house on for 'in excess of £110k', so technically if he offers £110,001 he has met your asking price.

I think if you can get him to £112k, you'll have done well.

also, don't lose the sale over haggling over £1k, you might not get another offer for a while, and then have to reduce the asking price even more.

I know nothing about Kalms. If you take them and think they help then you might start relying on them. Better to find a natural way.

Kalms is a natural herbal remedy.

it also helps with menopause symtoms :winkold:

A good offer?

Right here goes...we are currently in a ground floor maisonette, with the little dude and just wanting a house etc. we put it up for £130k...then to £125k...then to £119k...then to offers in excess of £110k.

The bloke has offered £110k with us leaving the blinds, shed, fire place, fridge freezer & cooker.

Im hoping for £115k, but its a start.

You've got the house on for 'in excess of £110k', so technically if he offers £110,001 he has met your asking price.

I think if you can get him to £112k, you'll have done well.

also, don't lose the sale over haggling over £1k, you might not get another offer for a while, and then have to reduce the asking price even more.

Well since yesterday, i spoke with the bloke on the phone last night. Asked him for £113k but he said he wouldnt budge on £110k, so i said fair enough, we will accept £110k but we take everything with us but i said i would meet him half way at £111,500 including the fridge freezer, shed, light fittings, leather sofa, blind & curtains, fire place and washing machine.

We settled on £111k...job done. Seems like a really nice bloke to fair, he has'nt got a property to sell so we really need to start looking now.

I know its along way from being sold, but it feels like a real relief that things are finally moving forward after 18 months of trying.

Sounds good wiggy!!!!

1 tip from experience, try and avoid speaking directly with the buyer if possible get the estate agent to do the talking (and get your moneys worth out of them!).

Sounds good wiggy!!!!

1 tip from experience, try and avoid speaking directly with the buyer if possible get the estate agent to do the talking (and get your moneys worth out of them!).

I did think this to myself mate...what this **** are we paying them for!?. But he is desperate to move (split up with his ex etc.), and we are desperate to move, so we both thought if we sort the price between ourselves, he makes the offer, we accept it, things will start moving alot faster.

It is very easy (when these large sums are involved) to get into a "he said" agurment about what was agreed to be left at what price...

Jon/Neil, he is coming round over the weekend so we can sit down and agree what is staying before he puts the offer in on Monday or Tuesday.

Sounds good wiggy!!!!

I did think this to myself mate...what this **** are we paying them for!?. But he is desperate to move (split up with his ex etc.), and we are desperate to move, so we both thought if we sort the price between ourselves, he makes the offer, we accept it, things will start moving alot faster.

I know what its like mate when you really want a deal to happen but it can quickly go sour if there is a "mis-understanding" later on. With the house we bought last year we discussed what was staying and included at the sale when we viewed. Then at the 11th hour the paperwork suggested they were taking all this stuff with them. Almost went belly up but they eventually backed down.

My advice would be to get your agreement written down by the estate agent ASAP so nobody can change their mind.

Sounds good wiggy!!!!

I know what its like mate when you really want a deal to happen but it can quickly go sour if there is a "mis-understanding" later on. With the house we bought last year we discussed what was staying and included at the sale when we viewed. Then at the 11th hour the paperwork suggested they were taking all this stuff with them. Almost went belly up but they eventually backed down.

My advice would be to get your agreement written down by the estate agent ASAP so nobody can change their mind.

Thats the plan mate, as i said above, we are going to agree over the weekend what is staying, then on Monday or Tuesday he will make the offer of £111k with 'x' 'y' & 'z' included, we will review it through the estate agent and if its as we agreed between ourselves, we will accept.

I've found buying houses to be a very sapping experience personally.

By the time you've paid estate agents typically 1-2%, stamp duty (presumably), plus conveyancing, mortgage fees & searches, you're looking at £5,000 minimum for a couple of people to do very, very little work.

The cost of moving homes is appalling and something that needs to be looked at if the government actually wants the housing market to pick up any time soon.

I've found buying houses to be a very sapping experience personally.

By the time you've paid estate agents typically 1-2%, stamp duty (presumably), plus conveyancing, mortgage fees & searches, you're looking at £5,000 minimum for a couple of people to do very, very little work.

The cost of moving homes is appalling and something that needs to be looked at if the government actually wants the housing market to pick up any time soon.

I know mate, weve set aside £5k for all that sort of bollocks. It really is scandalous the amount it costs, dont get me wrong i know people have to make money but FFS!

Â