General Chat

Stevo985

She can't drive. I'm tempted to but I've never drove into Brum before so would probably be a nightmare.

You wouldn't need to, across to the M42 (East), M6 (North), Junction 5, you're there. No need to come anywhere near the centre of brum.

OK i'm in an awkward spot too..

I actually got introduced to someone a couple of weeks ago through friends, quite deliberately as well... I hate this matchmaking stuff

almost came home when I found out what they were up to.....

anyhow I actually quite liked him, much to my surprise... well actually I liked him alot and as I had to go to my friends again this weekend I saw him a couple of times and out of the blue he came round again to my friends when I was there, this time for the whole afternoon. I think he might like me too but not sure... They live in NE about 40m away.

We've all arranged to go out to Darlington the weekend after next for a meal about 20 of us. And my friend has invited him to a BBQ I'm having in a few weeks and he looked really pleased he'd had an invite. He's quite shy... so come on how the hell do I let him know I like him, without being too obvious? I don't wanna scare him off.

I actually got introduced to someone a couple of weeks ago through friends, quite deliberately as well... I hate this matchmaking stuff

anyhow I actually quite liked him, much to my surprise... well actually I liked him alot and as I had to go to my friends again this weekend I saw him a couple of times and out of the blue he came round again to my friends when I was there, this time for the whole afternoon. I think he might like me too but not sure... They live in NE about 40m away.

We've all arranged to go out to Darlington the weekend after next for a meal about 20 of us. And my friend has invited him to a BBQ I'm having in a few weeks and he looked really pleased he'd had an invite. He's quite shy... so come on how the hell do I let him know I like him, without being too obvious? I don't wanna scare him off.

This isn't going to end well (not your relationship Julie, I mean the current thread. This IS VT...) :lol:

Say it in an off-the-cuff manner during an innocuous conversation where he maybe gives a funny response to something you've said. Just a "Haha, I like you!" kinda thing. All going well you'll get something similar in return. At least you're on more solid ground then. I don't know you or him or how familiar you've become in the few meetings you've had so it's hard to gauge what you would or could do :)

The other way of looking at is that if he does like you, then you probably won't scare him off by saying it. All you'll do is speed it up a bit. You might just both be holding station at the moment, scared of the same thing. Wimps :P

The other way of looking at is that if he does like you, then you probably won't scare him off by saying it. All you'll do is speed it up a bit. You might just both be holding station at the moment, scared of the same thing. Wimps :P

Yeah, just do it. At least then you'll know either way. What's the female equivalent of "Man the **** up"? Err... Get yer vag on. :thumb:

Could you not invite him round for dinner at yours Julie?
That sounds like a euphemism.

Told you it would get worse.

I was being serious Mike. Just ask the guy round for dinner, nothing better than having a meal cooked for you.

I don't think she's quite at that stage with him yet Wiggy :) Though the invitation would probably achieve the same result.

Could you not invite him round for dinner at yours Julie?
That sounds like a euphemism.

Told you it would get worse.

I was being serious Mike. Just ask the guy round for dinner, nothing better than having a meal cooked for you.

I know, it was just me being filthy.

I have a reputation to uphold, you know.

Â