General Chat

Stevo985

Also, how do i stand if ive never signed a contract? Ive been with my firm for 9 years now.

How can you have been working for a firm for nearly a decade without signing a contract?!

Richard if you have no contract of employment then you will have to have some sort of "work rules" that all abide by. When you joined the company did you sign any sort of acceptance letter? Basically you can be screwed on big style without the backing of agreed T&C's - things not only for holidays but also for notice periods etc

When i first joined, i did so as an apprentice electrician and i think i signed something (it is 9 years ago), but when i qualified as an electrician i think i was supposed to 're-sign' to the company as my training had technically finished and i was a qualified electrician, but i never have.

Also, ive been office based now as an estimator for the last 3/4 years but still get paid and hourly rate as i was when on site.

In answer to the question, the agreed has always been as you said, 20 days (5 of those used for Christmas period), and 8 bank holidays.

As an apprentice Wiggy, you would have signed a contract. I did, and I can't remember what the **** I signed tbh. I'd have a word with HR.

Don't think this deserves its own thread but I'm going to need to figure out how to survive on $80 (£40) a month.

Ok it isn't that bad since I'm not the one paying the bills and mortgage etc but still.

40 quid just for food or like going out and stuff aswell?

Knew it would get blown out of proportion :D it's my fault for not explaining it thoroughly, so sorry.

Nope, it's 40 quid for just going out, buying stuff etc., I can live with it but it'll mean being very austere and eating at home as far as I can guess. (cos technically I'm still a minor, so my parents provide food for me at home, but going out of the house will be a problem.)

Edit: Includes transport costs as well, for the times when I'll be going out on my own instead of being together with the family. So it's 40 quid for entertainment and transport expenses, but not for food or bills or anything major like that.

40 quid just for food or like going out and stuff aswell?

Knew it would get blown out of proportion :D it's my fault for not explaining it thoroughly, so sorry.

Nope, it's 40 quid for just going out, buying stuff etc., I can live with it but it'll mean being very austere and eating at home as far as I can guess. (cos technically I'm still a minor, so my parents provide food for me at home, but going out of the house will be a problem.)

Edit: Includes transport costs as well, for the times when I'll be going out on my own instead of being together with the family. So it's 40 quid for entertainment and transport expenses, but not for food or bills or anything major like that.

You won't get far on £40 a month for entertainment in Singers, as i'm sure you are aware! Its one of the most expensive places I have ever been!

Poker on late at night...."he's an exciting player, you can't turn off when he's playing, he really is great to watch" ....it's **** poker, in what way can it be exciting to watch?

Many many ways.

Â