General Chat

Stevo985

Nothing worse then seeing someone you were drunk with the night before with zero recollection, and they open with: 'Man, you were wasted last night, you were saying how...'

Me and my dad took a ride to his childhood neighborhood today. We strolled around, looked at the old house, walked to his grade school, which is now apartments....listened to his stories. It was nice, in a sentimental way. I remember going to the old house for holidays and birthdays....his town has turned into a real shithole now though....sad.

the poker I play because it's a past time of mine
Pastime.

You really are that guy aren't you?!

Yep.

"Past time" for "pastime" is one of the Things That Piss Me Off But Shouldn't.

I think it should, Mike.

It's a sad day for the English language when incorrect grammar and poor spelling is routinely accepted.

Pastime.

Yep.

I think it should, Mike.

It's a sad day for the English language when incorrect grammar and poor spelling is routinely accepted.

Agreed, but also consider that this is an internet forum and not a dissertation, the person you are correcting could have dyslexia or a learning difficulty - so you do have to allow a bit of grace for that when you don't know, surely?

If it wz txt tlk on an intntz form thn i wud compltly understnd ur complaintz.

Pastime.

Yep.

I think it should, Mike.

Agreed, but also consider that this is an internet forum and not a dissertation, the person you are correcting could have dyslexia or a learning difficulty - so you do have to allow a bit of grace for that when you don't know, surely?

If it wz txt tlk on an intntz form thn i wud compltly understnd ur complaintz.

what I hate about it, more than anything, is that I see these incorrect spellings and instances of poor grammar and worry that they may start creeping into my own vocabulary....

as i spend a lot of time on VT these days (due to slow/shit job) then there is the worry that my vocab levels fall to that of the average/less literate VT'er.

I think I may go and read the office copy of the Times for half an hour to recuperate. :winkold:

I'm gettin real edgy watching Scooby Doo this morning. I think I better switch channels. A monster just came back from the future. I think it might be for real this time.

Has anyone else noticed that in the lead up to Christmas, it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between ads and the programmes that interrupt them?

Has anyone else noticed that in the lead up to Christmas, it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between ads and the programmes that interrupt them?

Nope can't say I have but then again, I rarely watch TV

An apostrophe is required after the word "nope", and a period is required at the end of the sentence.

An apostrophe is required after the word "nope", and a period is required at the end of the sentence.

You can have a week of hell at the end of a sentence if you wish but can I suggest Tampax to stem the flow or it may get awfully messy round here.

You can have a week of hell at the end of a sentence if you wish but can I suggest Tampax to stem the flow or it may get awfully messy round here.

:clap:

An apostrophe is required after the word "nope".

What? Why?

An apostrophe is required after the word "nope"

Why? A comma, yes, but an apostrophe?

Am I the only person that gets ridiculous guilt after a night out? It's cheesing me off now, I'll get the hangover coupled to this really annoying feeling of guilt mixed with that sort of cringw factor, even if nothing happened the night before. I went out last night, had a few drinks, got back and the only thing I can think of that was even vaguely wrong was getting locked out and having to have to get someone up to open the door, and shifting my speakers into the kitchen so we could chill at ours for bit with some music. And yet I now feel like this guilty cringey hate for myself. Happens 90% of the time after a night out.

Tell me about it. I could be the party's best guy the night before and still feeling guilt the day after. And as I've got older it goes on for almost two days sometimes. :cry: And then imagine how it feels when you've actually done something to feel guilty for. It's like hell. And if there is a blackout involved, which happens quite often, it's a mix between "What the hell did I do last night?" and "I really don't wanna know what I did last night.".

London tomorrow. :thumb: Very short of money, but most of it is already paid for.

Â