General Chat

Stevo985

I actually thought it was a mistake, as you never specify a single date to complete a survey on.

I'd guess that they have specified a single date for the census each time it has happened else it wouldn't be a snapshot 'as at this date' picture. :?

why can't you have a snapshot say between March 1 and 31st? Why does it have to be a specific date, and not a range?

Specifying a single date actually renders the data less reliable, as hundreds of thousands will not fill it in specifically on the 27th March.

The data will in fact be a snapshot of information garnered from whenever people complete the survey, and that will not be on March27th for many, but over a range of dates.

It's "on or as soon after the 27th March as possible"

I know. :?

So, do you think people will be waiting until the 27th (or later) to fill them in?

I don't get your point? I was just saying that that's when people are asked to do it.

No people probably won't do it on the 27th. Doesn't change that that's when they're asked to do it and therefore, if they want to do it properly, they should do it on the 27th.

I think they should get the whole population into a room on 27th March, read the questions aloud, and get us all to shout out the answers.

I'm busy on the 27th

Send me your answers and I'll pass them on.

I think they should get the whole population into a room on 27th March, read the questions aloud, and get us all to shout out the answers.

I'm busy on the 27th

A,C,A,45, Lemon, helmet, H, Garden Shed, Iraq, N/A

:thumb:

I'm busy on the 27th

A,C,A,45, Lemon, helmet, H, Garden Shed, Iraq, N/A

:thumb:

You haven't answered question 17.

No people probably won't do it on the 27th. Doesn't change that that's when they're asked to do it and therefore, if they want to do it properly, they should do it on the 27th.

Indeed.

Indeed. Wasn't my point, but I agree.

Won't happen though .... hence this whole tedious "debate".

As to more amusing things .... Q17!!

Bitterwallet-Census-question-17-500x243.jpg

Under religion I suppose people could put "pedantry"

Note: Meant as a joke :-) - as said previously I have input my religion as VillaFan

:lol::clap:

there's some great "religion" going on in the "White Lines" thread.

Some appear to be devout followers of this particular religion. :nod: :mrgreen:

What's your point then?

That people don't have to fill the form in at the same time. :?

You seem to agree with me that this will NOT in fct be a snapshot of information garnered on the 27th March.

Of course it won't. The intention is to try for that.

You seem to agree that people can and will complete the q're both before, on and after the 27th.

Unless they explode if one puts a pen to it before the 27th then I imagine that it is perfectly possible to complete it before then.

In order to know the actual situation as at 27th March, one would have to complete it after that point in time (whether that be just after the stroke of midnight or 10 minutes after or an hour or a day, &c).

Having already sent mine off I cant be sure, but doesnt it say 'do you intend on sleeping elsewhere on the 27th..' or words to that effect?

Perhaps not, I just seem to rememebr something like that

We should have a thread to decide what to put in Q17.'s box.

I only looked at the form because they were discussing this very thing on 6 Music this morning (Chris Hawkins).

Someone had drawn Batman.

Having already sent mine off I cant be sure, but doesnt it say 'do you intend on sleeping elsewhere on the 27th..' or words to that effect?

Perhaps not, I just seem to rememebr something like that

Can't find it. I had a quick scan but, tbh, reading through forms tends to make things go all of a blur.

Yeh. I probably imagined it!

Too busy thinking of the next scheme to get back at the tosspot argumentative white line man, I'd guess. :winkold: :mrgreen:

Â