General Chat

Stevo985

Friend of mine had his motorbike stolen out of his garage 2 weeks ago, it was recovered by the Police after a couple of days, they told him they'd let him know when it was ready to collect (after finger printing etc.). He gets the call and goes to the station with his documents, he then has to pay £150 to release his own stolen bike. If he hadn't got it then he'd have been charged an additional £10 a day storage.

To make things worse the thieves came back on Sunday night and despite him chaining it to an immovable bench in his garage they took it apart and stole it again. He called the police and they were out straight away, the bike was recovered the next day as somebody spotted it dumped in a nearby alley (presumably they saw the Police car driving round). Same as before he waits for the call and then had to pay another £150 to get his bike back.

I find this absolutely disgusting personally, he's had to fork out £300 to get his own stolen property back off the police.

What the hell? That is utterly disgraceful! As if we don't fork out enough in taxes, they have a victim of crime tax as well.

How do they justify that one Tamuff?

Anyone watched that Mark Watson kicks off on ITV4? Pretty funny to be honest and well not that glamorous. Graham Taylor was on there and was pretty funny.

Basically little gameshow/quiz/panel whatever show, 3 people....Mark Watson hosting, last 3 were Douggie Anderson, Matt Holland and Andy Parsons.

Well I like it anyway.

I'm at work and some **** has parked across two spaces. Nice going asswipe.

Are you a traffic warden?

If I was I wouldn't be on here so much. I'm the kind of guy if you gave the power to "trafffic warden" I would have nigh on every car clamped.

Saying that my name is an anagram of Warden. Coincidence?

Friend of mine had his motorbike stolen out of his garage 2 weeks ago, it was recovered by the Police after a couple of days, they told him they'd let him know when it was ready to collect (after finger printing etc.). He gets the call and goes to the station with his documents, he then has to pay £150 to release his own stolen bike. If he hadn't got it then he'd have been charged an additional £10 a day storage.

To make things worse the thieves came back on Sunday night and despite him chaining it to an immovable bench in his garage they took it apart and stole it again. He called the police and they were out straight away, the bike was recovered the next day as somebody spotted it dumped in a nearby alley (presumably they saw the Police car driving round). Same as before he waits for the call and then had to pay another £150 to get his bike back.

I find this absolutely disgusting personally, he's had to fork out £300 to get his own stolen property back off the police.

What the hell? That is utterly disgraceful! As if we don't fork out enough in taxes, they have a victim of crime tax as well.

I've no idea how they justify it considering, as you say, he's the victim and he pays his taxes. I think the reason is because the rozzers pass the bike to a private company to store it rather than actually being at the police station. However, its no excuse.

I've no idea how they justify it considering, as you say, he's the victim and he pays his taxes. I think the reason is because the rozzers pass the bike to a private company to store it rather than actually being at the police station. However, its no excuse.

They are talking about this very subject on Talkshite at the moment. It is a disgrace, i just cant see what possible reason they can give to justify the fee's?

I get called that name often but I don't see the resemblence myself.

From what I remember of your photo in Rogues Gallery, I thought you looked a bit like Justin Bieber, well not looked like exactly, but Bieber-ish.

We duel at dawn, sir.

In other news, I'm off to New York tomorow. Should be a ball.

Â