General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

On the contrary, lapal is very funny in real life. 

Although the chair humping in public is getting annoying.

SEE?!!! I'M TELLING YOU GUYS I'M HILARIOUS! PLEASE BELIEVE ME.

31 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

:crylaugh:

I can see you acting it out.

Why aren't you laughing?!

SINGLE PRINGLE?!

It's hilarious!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S A GIF AND NOT A PICTURE?! LAUGH DAMMIT!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A eulogy isn't usually played for laughs

The one I did was. Just as well, there would have been no serious way to follow this...

• Like 1

I sincerely hope you don't remember the single pringle joke half way through your eulogy.  The mind (well my one anyway...) has a funny way of wanting to push its own self-destruct button in certain situations.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I sincerely hope you don't remember the single pringle joke half way through your eulogy.  The mind (well my one anyway...) has a funny way of wanting to push its own self-destruct button in certain situations.

Honestly I think it would calm me down.

My eulogy has a fair few jokes in it so the laughter is there. 

The last paragraph I read is what sets me off. And at the moment when I'm reading the rest of it, I wobble because I keep thinking of having to read that last paragraph.
The single pringle "joke" would give me something else to focus on.

Plus it won't make me giggle, as it's the least funny thing anyone has ever posted.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Yeah you could be right, and as has been said in here, the overwhelming amount of goodwill in the room means everyone is 100% on your side and most will be full of admiration for the fact you're even standing up there.  Best of luck with it. 

It's not a bad thing even if you do wobble a bit, mate. Lord knows a number of people in the crowd will be crying, nothing wrong with expressing how you feel if that's what you're feeling at the time. You'll make it through just fine regardless of a little wobble here and there and everyone will be appreciative and supportive of the fact you said something no matter what you say or how you deliver it.

You'll be fine, pal. 

• Like 1

An awkward situation which still makes me cringe a bit.

There's a radiatior next to me at work that kept breaking, you could turn it on but then it'd be stuck on, you couldn't turn it off.

About 3 or 4 blokes came out to fix it but they never did, the same thing kept happening.

Then one bloke came out, spent about an hour fixing it and as soon as he left I stuck a big sign on it saying 'BROKEN. PLEASE DO NOT TURN ON.'

Then the bloke can back because he'd forgotten something.

• Like 4

Honestly I think it would calm me down.

My eulogy has a fair few jokes in it so the laughter is there. 

The last paragraph I read is what sets me off. And at the moment when I'm reading the rest of it, I wobble because I keep thinking of having to read that last paragraph.

The single pringle "joke" would give me something else to focus on.

Plus it won't make me giggle, as it's the least funny thing anyone has ever posted.

It was the last paragraph which did for me when I did the eulogy at my Nans funeral. Good thing is you can just say the last bits quickly and get to the end. Nobody's looking for classical training in the delivery just heart felt words and you won't be able to fail to do that.

Funeral services are shit though so it's just something to be endured in my book although the few I've been too I've always ended up learning something new about the person which is nice. After services drinks and regaling of stories is generally good fun so a bit of a weird day all round.

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

An awkward situation which still makes me cringe a bit.

There's a radiatior next to me at work that kept breaking, you could turn it on but then it'd be stuck on, you couldn't turn it off.

About 3 or 4 blokes came out to fix it but they never did, the same thing kept happening.

Then one bloke came out, spent about an hour fixing it and as soon as he left I stuck a big sign on it saying 'BROKEN. PLEASE DO NOT TURN ON.'

Then the bloke can back because he'd forgotten something.

Are you actually Larry David? You do get into some awkward scrapes. 

• Like 1

Â