General Chat

Stevo985

Do you mean killjoy?

I remember them letting us come into school at 7 to let the us watch the England-Brazil game.

As if that if that was 8 years ago!

I remember my school doing that and telling us they would tape the part which went into school time and let us watch it at lunch. However, when they tried to set up the tape recorder it had miraculously broken since they told us and they let us watch the rest. Events in the library took a turn for the worse when Ronaldinho scored leaving the teachers to calm us all down. We were also allowed to listen to England-Nigeria (I think) in a lesson.

i can remember going into school early for that england v brazil game, had breakfast in the hall, while the whole of our primary school (mainly lads tbh) watched the game round a (what was back then) a big tv.

He is - and he's an American too. He says he is supporting the USA until they're out and then he's backing us.

He moved over here about 6 months back, loves how huge football is here and has World Cup fever. We're planning all our production around the decent games. :thumb:

I take it your company lost some business to watch that then?

:lol:

Got a speeding ticket on the way home today, by one of those smug bastards with a speed gun. I'll check on my way through tomorrow, but I'm sure there are not speed camera signs around in the area I got caught. Do they need to have 'em if they're speed gunning?

I think speed guns are more outrageous than the holocaust.

My first offence- insurance is going to cost a bloody fortune now. :(

My 4 year old son is a Villa nut and has had a season ticket with me for the last year, we live in the North West so as you can imagine all his school friends are Man U / Liverpool / or 'new' Man City fans (obviously not actually attending any games). I must admit when he started school in August i was a little concerned that he would have his head turned, being the only Villa fan.

However having nearly completed his reception year he has converted 2 of his class into Villa fans, imagine my delight at taking him to school this morning to see his best friend (and former Liverpool fan) standing there in his new Villa hoodie he had for his birthday!!

That's awesome!

My Villa Nut Nephew won't wear any of his Villa kit outside the house in Keswick because he's scared he'll get beat up at school! Last time we were on the NW bus all the guys offered to come up & sort em all out for him!! ...I don't think he was convinced though because he still only wears his Villa stuff indoors!!

Got a speeding ticket on the way home today, by one of those smug bastards with a speed gun. I'll check on my way through tomorrow, but I'm sure there are not speed camera signs around in the area I got caught. Do they need to have 'em if they're speed gunning?

I think speed guns are more outrageous than the holocaust.

My first offence- insurance is going to cost a bloody fortune now. :(

As far as I am aware they can have speed guns anywhere. They don't need to warn you.

Your first 3 points shouldn't make much difference to your insurance. Mine didn't.

I think working in an arcade place would be awesome for a 21 year old student like myself, so hopefully I get this job.

Freedom to look after the whole place, keys to play snooker and pool when you want when the place is quiet. You also can have free drinks and get to play gambling machines when people go broke in them.

That and you can kick out whoever the hell you want like snotty nosed school kids who think they're gonna waste their summer days lounging about with 50p in their pocket. Not on my watch.

I managed to get my girlfriend to beg ME to watch the england game on saturday.

She wanted to go for a meal, i said the football was on so no, and she got upset, saying our social life was getting dictated by the football.

Now in reality I was pretty annoyed, but seeing as we're going on holiday on Thursday, and 2 england games will be on when we go, I thought if I gave her this one, i'd be able to use it in order to watch those games. So i said it was fine and booked us a table at a nice restaurant, at half 7, kick off time.

Anyway, she thought about it and ended up feeling really bad. I turned up ready to take her to the restaurant and she said we should watch the football instead. "No no no" I said. "I'd much rather spend the night with you than watch the football" 8)

She said she felt really bad about it, and dragged me (I let it seem like I was being dragged) to the pub to watch the England game. She then said she felt so bad and guilty that she's happy to watch all the world cup games I want.

Pointless story really, but I was very happy with the outcome :)

I managed to get my girlfriend to beg ME to watch the england game on saturday.

She wanted to go for a meal, i said the football was on so no, and she got upset, saying our social life was getting dictated by the football.

Now in reality I was pretty annoyed, but seeing as we're going on holiday on Thursday, and 2 england games will be on when we go, I thought if I gave her this one, i'd be able to use it in order to watch those games. So i said it was fine and booked us a table at a nice restaurant, at half 7, kick off time.

Anyway, she thought about it and ended up feeling really bad. I turned up ready to take her to the restaurant and she said we should watch the football instead. "No no no" I said. "I'd much rather spend the night with you than watch the football" 8)

She said she felt really bad about it, and dragged me (I let it seem like I was being dragged) to the pub to watch the England game. She then said she felt so bad and guilty that she's happy to watch all the world cup games I want.

Pointless story really, but I was very happy with the outcome :)

:thumb: Mission Accomplished.

Just about Stevo :)

The key is to have a girl who doensn't know anything about football but is at least willing to accept you care and makes an effort to pretend they care :)

Sorta just realised why I haven't started exams very well. I've been revising all wrong, looking through things too quickly, going onto another topic and forgetting what i'd just learned so yeah from tommorow, have an exam thursday so not long but hopefully I can look through topics extensively make sure they stick in long-term memory and hopefully I improve.

Pointless story number 2 I suppose.

Â