General Chat

Stevo985

One day I logged on to facebook, look around for a bit and thought to myself 'do I really care about any of this?'. The answer was no, so I deleted my account.

This is the least surprising news I've ever heard.

Again, just block stuff you don't like. Next time you see something from lad bible, just "hide all" and you'll never see anything from them ever again.

Or block the people who post annoying stuff.

I keep my facebook friends list down to about 250 people. But I reckon there's only about 50 who I haven't blocked.

My feed is now generally stuff that I want to see.

I don't understand why I should have to put in that level of work just to keep giving facebook my custom. So I (largely) don't.

• Like 1

Only really use facebook to talk to my bro and 1 uni mate. Although its still really big over here with Filipinos. Before it was mostly just random "lad" posts which share content a week after it was on reddit.

Still go on it multiple times a day though...and scroll through all the shit. Dont know why tbh.  Having a clear out of all your friends you dont speak to since college/school is highly advisable.
The only decent thing that goes on facebook newsfeed is "lfuckinglovescience" facebook page

Edited by gharperr

Two clicks for every single one of the potentially thousands of apps that any of my friends have installed? I didn't say hard work. I shouldn't have to do any work. It should be opt-in.

Then you've got shit mates. Block them instead.

That's social media isn't it? Nothing is totally customised to you when you start. you have to put some effort in adding what you want and taking off what doesn't work for you.

Well it's a bit different with a forum, especially one dedicated to a football club, because you're already somewhere that is tailored to one of your main interests, as opposed to something generic like google + or facebook or twitter where you have to add people or things that you want to see.
But I spent quite a while figuring out which forums on VT interested me and which didn't. Which topics I'd contribute to and which ones have no interest to me.

Now I can ignore posters I don't want to see.

I consciously ignore forums I don't use, and topics I don't contribute to.

The only reason it doesn't take a couple of clicks to ignore things is because the option isn't there.

If it was then there are loads of forums and threads that i would permanently ignore and VillaTalk would be a condensed version of itself customised to what i want to see.

The religion thread or the cricket thread on VT for me is like the timehop photo on facebook for you. I just scroll right passed them knowing that I have absolutely no interest in looking at it.

The difference is you can hide Timehop so the option of having 2 clicks to remove it is there.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Pics of Gemma or GTFO.

Gemma is my lesbian sister.

Whatever you're thinking right now, it's nowhere near as good as that. Believe me.

• Like 4

yea but limpid is lazy.

yeah but what about Limpit

Pics of Gemma or GTFO.

Whatever you're thinking right now, it's nowhere near as good as that. Believe me.

I was thinking about Jenny  ..so trust me it will be 1,000,000,000,000 times better

Pics of Gemma or GTFO.

I honestly don't think you could have sold anything any better than those first five words.

Then you had to go and ruin it :(

Unless she is a trucker lesbian, a fat lesbian or an ugly lesbian or one that plays rugby then the man demanded pics did he not?

OK, this is quite recent - and she's older than me, so imagine her thirty years ago. 

10416575_10204503312246566_6888995224081

Â