General Chat

Stevo985

I particularly want to punch the toff bellend in the Che Guevara waistcoat. Yeah okay mate, I'm sure you really believe in the Communist cause and you're out there fighting the good fight today and not working in a cushy position in daddy's corporation.

• Like 2

I was looking at the graduate scheme back in Engaland, in the company I work for now. It says you need a 2.1 in my undergraduate to get on. Ayybody who works in business, would having a post-graduate and a year's outstanding performance in the same company let me get on with a 2.2?

I particularly want to punch the toff bellend in the Che Guevara waistcoat. Yeah okay mate, I'm sure you really believe in the Communist cause and you're out there fighting the good fight today and not working in a cushy position in daddy's corporation.

lets take a man who died as a guerrilla fighter (which is a nice way of saying terrorist but thats another discussion) fighting against capitalism and stick his face on anything that we can sell and make loads of money out of it

che guevara must be in his grave like a catherine wheel

I was looking at the graduate scheme back in Engaland, in the company I work for now. It says you need a 2.1 in my undergraduate to get on. Ayybody who works in business, would having a post-graduate and a year's outstanding performance in the same company let me get on with a 2.2?

lol 2.2. you may as well have got a btec.

giphy.gif

just pitch it to them and be an enthusiastic nuisance

my 2:2 was because i didnt pay attention to how many credits i had, id missed a module so didnt have enough to finish, they said i could stay another 6 months and get a 2:1 or i could do a resit and only get a 2:2

resit it was

i really didnt take it seriously enough

just pitch it to them and be an enthusiastic nuisance

I'm worried that they'll just throw my application away when they see 2.2 and won't even see my postgrad or my work for the company already.

Got a 2:2 doing a 4 year course in 2 years, at night, whilst working full time in the day.

Nearly killed me.

Stef, 

But the alternative is not to try? You've got to try and sell it, I guess. You put your work for the company and post grad stuff and worldwide experience and all that at the front. Even leave your grade off if you want, until they ask for it. Get into the system before you get that tiresome level of detail.

Seriously, the 'degree' is no absolute fool proof indicator of suitability, needing a set grade is even less so if you have someone there with experience and aptitude.

Anyway, if the personnel bot just notices an unticked box and rejects the application, that's their loss.

Considering the company say 'a minimum of a 2.1' on their website

This would be such an amazing opportunity to work (ok I already work for them but not in a graduate role) for a huge multinational company and I'm terrified some snotty 21 year old with zero life experience and a 2.1 from London Metropolitan (lowest ranked - no offence to anyone here who went)(sorry donnie) would get in ahead of me.

My other option is to make sure I solve every problem for the recruitment people within the company whenever they call me.

^ cheers Chris. Yeah I'll probably apply once i've done a year in Poland on the service desk. Aim for a promotion quickly (6 months minimum but if I keep up my level of performance , I'm fast tracked) and they can't say no to me.

The plan should be to make myself unrejectable.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Stefan, it will just depend how hard the red tape is to sidestep at your company.

Common sense would say you're obviously good enough.

But some companies, mine included, are arseholes about that.

When I started at JLR a girl in my department wanted to do the assessment centre to get on the grad scheme and they wouldn't let her because, and I quote, "having worked at the company for a year you would have an unfair advantage over the other applicants in the assessment centre"

I'm not making that up

• Like 1

Â