General Chat

Stevo985

Deloitte in Audit with maybe a bit of tax - boring to most i'd imagine :D

He also added if I don't 'screw it up' i'd get a firm job offer to go back to Uni with.

I interned with Deloitte back in uni. It was in IT though. They made a nice offer but I went for Oracle as the work was more relevant.

Deloitte are amazing pay masters though , very competitive pay packages. :winkold:

He also added if I don't 'screw it up' i'd get a firm job offer to go back to Uni with.

I interned with Deloitte back in uni. It was in IT though. They made a nice offer but I went for Oracle as the work was more relevant.

Deloitte are amazing pay masters though , very competitive pay packages. :winkold:

Nice one dude. Luckily I'm in contact with a few other firms so I may get some form of choice when it comes to decision time. How did you find your placement?

Jonno, have you checked your local AIESEC chapter (they're based in Unis)

I did a traineeship (i.e. internship) with them when I was at uni in 1989. In Capetown. Working for Touche Ross (as it was then), now Deloitte. Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it.

Nice one dude. Luckily I'm in contact with a few other firms so I may get some form of choice when it comes to decision time. How did you find your placement?

My uncle(dads younger bro) was a senior consultant in Deloitte. He forwarded my CV to the HR deptt with a recommendation and they liked my CV and made me an offer. They made me a permanent offer but the work was more programming based and I was interested in the functional side of IT rather than writing tens of thousands of lines of code in PL/SQL and damage your brain trying to debug it. :lol: Oracle were hiring straight from the campus and I liked their offer and accepted. :winkold:

He is now with HSBC

Jonno, have you checked your local AIESEC chapter (they're based in Unis)

I did a traineeship (i.e. internship) with them when I was at uni in 1989. In Capetown. Working for Touche Ross (as it was then), now Deloitte. Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it.

I don't really fancy working abroad to be honest, although it would be a good experience no doubt. The partner did tell me that I could be travelling with them to the UK on audits during my internship which was a nice surprise.

How long will WWII be refferred to as the war?

The war for this generation is Iraq/Afghanistan.

Kind of annoying. Probably belongs in another thread but i cant be arsed scrolling down.

I've been thinking that for years. Although WWII WAS much bigger than anything else we've been involved in.

What does "the war" mean in the U.S.A.?

Vietnam? Afghanistan? U.S. Villans please enlighten us.

Â