General Chat

Stevo985

Is there any better way in this world to spend time than nestled in a chair at a bookstore reading various and several books and magazines?

Hmm.. perhaps getting sucked off by a beautiful woman while sipping a fine brandy with a Cuban cigar gently burning in your other hand as the sun rises over a spectacular tropical Caribbean vista with the waves crashing on the shore below and birds singing sweetly from the palms above and a sweet refreshing breeze in the warm morning reminds you it's surely time to do her up the wrong 'un but not until the final whistle goes on the tv you have set in front of you where Villa are simply crushing the shit.

Actually on second thoughts perhaps there is no better way of spending time than sitting in a generic Borders bookstore surrounded by bored pensioners, screaming children, pedophiles looking for an opportunity and spotty teenagers as you sit reading a slightly sticky copy of Maxim that you suspect the previous reader slipped into the bathroom with him. Hope you had a hell of a time Levi.

Is there any better way in this world to spend time than nestled in a chair at a bookstore reading various and several books and magazines?

Hmm.. perhaps getting sucked off by a beautiful woman while sipping a fine brandy with a Cuban cigar gently burning in your other hand as the sun rises over a spectacular tropical Caribbean vista with the waves crashing on the shore below and birds singing sweetly from the palms above and a sweet refreshing breeze in the warm morning reminds you it's surely time to do her up the wrong 'un but not until the final whistle goes on the tv you have set in front of you where Villa are simply crushing the shit.

Actually on second thoughts perhaps there is no better way of spending time than sitting in a generic Borders bookstore surrounded by bored pensioners, screaming children, pedophiles looking for an opportunity and spotty teenagers as you sit reading a slightly sticky copy of Maxim that you suspect the previous reader slipped into the bathroom with him. Hope you had a hell of a time Levi.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Only 1387 Days, 9 Hours and 32 Minutes until I retire.

is that set in stone or linked to any future government changing the retirement age (again) ?

It's my 60th birthday.

I could go later, or even sooner, but that's my current plan.

If I retire at 65, that's in the year 2050... :shock:

Me too. How **** depressing is that?!

But I won't let that happen. I'll be rich enough to retire when I'm 45. That's the dream!

I wonder how many people who (sucessfully) work at making their fortune in order to retire early, actually do?

They often seem to become workaholics who forget how to chill out. Whereas dreaming of early retirement probably indicates a lazy mentality - which itself reduces the likelihood of actually of putting in the hours to achieve it.

Personally, I'm firmly in the "work to live, not live to work" (aka "bone idle") category.

They often seem to become workaholics who forget how to chill out. Whereas dreaming of early retirement probably indicates a lazy mentality - which itself reduces the likelihood of actually of putting in the hours to achieve it.

Good observation and most probably true.

I intend to just be comfortable for life. I don't need to be spectacularly rich. Happiness is a great priority.

(though obviously you could be spectacularly rich and happy, I just imagine barring obscene luck, I'd have to work hard for the cash. And I really won't want to).

I think I aspire to be middle class, and thats **** sad.

I intend to just be comfortable for life. I don't need to be spectacularly rich. Happiness is a great priority.

(though obviously you could be spectacularly rich and happy, I just imagine barring obscene luck, I'd have to work hard for the cash. And I really won't want to).

Would you say your parents are middle class?

Not sad really. As a hug.. obes.... ehh bariatric woman once sang - Look my friend there's happiness in living somewhere between broke and being free.

Not by a long shot.

My dad worked as a carpenter and joiner for Birmingham City Council Housing Dept his entire life until retiring early after illness, and was born in Nechells. And my moms a school cleaner born in Lichfield. Definitely working class.

Not a massive household income.

Â