General Chat

Stevo985

Virgin Credit Cards are a joke.

Wanted to pay off the last 31.77 on my credit card, payment due date is 3rd April - thought I'd just phone them to see if there's any impending interest for next month so I could ensure I paid enough to cover that also and job done in one go.

They told me I will occur a late payment charge - because payment will not 'clear' in time, whether I make payment online, at my bank, over the phone. There is 'no way' I can avoid a late payment charge - even though I have the funds ready to pay them and I'm calling them before my payment due date. If a transaction is 'processing' that is not enough to stop a late payment, it needs to be 'cleared'.

That's quite mental...

i'd be half inclined to drive to their HQ and give them the cash if they want to be pedantic.

I think so too BOF, but apparently thats standard practise.

Then she said if I said I wasn't going to 'close down my account' she would take the late payment off if she could on Tuesday when she is 'back in work if it's possible' :shock:

So you've assumed by clearing my funds I want to close my account (I do...) and your way of bribary to keep it open is to make me believe you will remove a late payment charge which 5 minutes ago was not possible and you will not be prepared to remove it if I say I still want to close my account?! For which I also have to rely on your human brain to remember on Tuesday when you get back in to work to look on little old Laura's account manually and remove the late payment charge? WTF.

And now I log onto my Virgin Credit Card account online to pay it off and it won't allow me! Says my payment has been declined from my maestro and is there a 'floor limit' on my account? Tried 3 times, the same.

I have enough in my bank to pay that off 50 times over, how is that possible?

I smell a rat.

I'd fling an email off to whichever regulator looks at this kinda thing over there. Even if all of that was in small print, it doesn't seem reasonable and wouldn't stand up.

I'd fling an email off to whichever regulator looks at this kinda thing over there. Even if all of that was in small print, it doesn't seem reasonable and wouldn't stand up.

Two words - Banking Ombudsman.

Drop that into casual conversation with your friends at Virgin and see how they change their minds.

I've just been done by sky, signed up to everything they had going, agreed to have it installed free this sunday in time for pacific, got a free voucher, they are now saying cos another smith has a flagged account in my building mine got cancelled by mistake, but guess what, voucher offer has expired, installation is now 40 notes and we cant do it till thursday, took me a 50 minute phone call too, bastards

If the mistake is on their part then, again, I'm not sure they can do that. But I'd say 'good luck' in trying to get Sky to change their minds. I believe they can be quite stubborn to put it mildly.

And now I log onto my Virgin Credit Card account online to pay it off and it won't allow me! Says my payment has been declined from my maestro and is there a 'floor limit' on my account? Tried 3 times, the same.

I smell a rat.

You would need to speak to the Financial Ombudsman here in the UK. Give them a ring, they will tell you what to do and will sort this out for you.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

If you don't, these companies will keep on talking shit and keep on trying to screw people out of money with false promises and all other bullshit.

I've just been done by sky, signed up to everything they had going, agreed to have it installed free this sunday in time for pacific, got a free voucher, they are now saying cos another smith has a flagged account in my building mine got cancelled by mistake, but guess what, voucher offer has expired, installation is now 40 notes and we cant do it till thursday, took me a 50 minute phone call too, bastards

I would phone them back up and tell them not to bother with the installation if they are going to be like that. I would be pretty surprised if this issue wasn't cleared with you immediately on the phone. ;)

When I signed up with TalkTalk I was told there would be an installation charge of 59.99, fair enough..I was however told it would come out in two payments, 30 pounds then 29.99 pounds the following month. They decided to try and take it out in one payment, when I clearly told them when signing up I wouldn't be able to afford that as a student. Guy on the phone said there was nothing they could do.

I then told them to put me through to the cancellations department, and funnily enough went through to a guy down in Dublin. I told him what happened, he said if I stayed they would cancel the 59.99 fee altogether and reduce the monthly bill be 2 pounds a month.

So, threatening these companies with leaving does work and is worth a shot.

I smell a rat.

You would need to speak to the Financial Ombudsman here in the UK. Give them a ring, they will tell you what to do and will sort this out for you.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

If you don't, these companies will keep on talking shit and keep on trying to screw people out of money with false promises and all other bullshit.

I had crap with TalkTalk for ages and went to the regulator who sorted it out.

Most times you don't need to invoke the ombudsman - just the threat of it is usually enough to get them worried enough to sort it out for you. Involving the beak means a shed-load of paperwork for them and a whole bunch of hassle they can do without so if they think you're serious, they'll probably (hopefully) sharpen their act up quick enough.

Tomorrow I have to get my hair cut for the first time in a while and I've absolutely no idea what to do with it.

I don't know what it was like the last time you got your hair cut, but in my experience you don't have to worry. They just sweep it up when they're finished and put it in the bin.

Budum-tish.

...I feel like I've been sheared :sad:

I hate haircuts.

I've never been one for the numbers and have never once used numbers so everytime, it always ends up akward like what do you want "Just short, cut half off amd go from there"....then when I'm having a hair-cut, where do you look when they stand right infront of you!? then they talk to you and I don't want to, I just want to sit back and relax.

Urgh.

I hate haircuts.

I've never been one for the numbers and have never once used numbers so everytime, it always ends up akward like what do you want "Just short, cut half off amd go from there"....then when I'm having a hair-cut, where do you look when they stand right infront of you!? then they talk to you and I don't want to, I just want to sit back and relax.

Urgh.

Make sure you get a nice laydee and look at their breasts. Of course.

Â