Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is AVB, then it's a massive gamble.

audere - est - facere

That's the Latin equivalent of Del Boys favourite saying. Sadly we've proven this to be about as true as Del Boy has over the years.

He wont move house to take a job. I can see him having a year in the media before getting a job at a London club. Maybe if Southampton have a poor start to the season and sack Nigel Adkins he might end up there.

Pretty sure Saints won't want Harry back! It was him that took them down in the first place.

There was talk of Redknapp and Chelsea earlier last season. But that was before Spurs poor drop in form, and i just don't see that happening at all now. If Moyes did end up at Spurs, obviously then a vacancy at Everton. But in their position, they'd be mad to consider Redknapp and the money he needs to make his face tick.

Fixed for you.

:winkold:

He wont move house to take a job. I can see him having a year in the media before getting a job at a London club. Maybe if Southampton have a poor start to the season and sack Nigel Adkins he might end up there.

No chance, do you know how much they hate him here?

Remember those Wii adverts he did? They were on phone boxes and small billboards? The Saints fans destroyed them, drew cocks into his mouth, pasted pictures of "money bags" and other stuff onto them.

It'd be like us taking McLeish back.

Great that Harry has gone - weakens Spurs and should put them back to their rightful position of midtable. They've been punching above their weight...

05/06: finished 5th. Could've had 4th if Mendes goal at Old Trafford was give, also Lasagne Gate

06/07: finished 5th. Unlucky to not beat Chelsea in QF of FA cup and lost to Arsenal in SF of carling cup

07/08: finished 11th. Change of manager in October, but also won Carling Cup and beat arsenal 5-1

08/09: finished 8th. Change of manager in October, "2 points from 8 games" lost on pens in CC Final to Utd.

09/10: finished 4th. FA Cup semi finalists, had a legit goal ruled out, could've changed the game.

10/11: finished 5th. QF's of CL and beat Inter and AC Milan

11/12: finished 4th. FA Cup semi finalists, Chelsea awarded an unfair goal, could've changed the game.

That's the last seven seasons for Spurs. Redknapp was only in charge for three and a half of those seasons, and he only managed marginally better results with Modric, Bale, Parker, Van der Vaart and Lennon in midfield than Martin Jol did Jenas, Tainio, Davids, Davis, Murphy etc in midfield.

Give Jol Redknapp's Spurs team and give Redknapp Jol's Spurs team and the Redknapp hype would've been far less wild.

It's no surprise that Spurs performances have improved as the club's stature and ability to attract better players has increased. With a better manager last season, Spurs would've been sitting pretty in 3rd place.

Over 400 pages about Spurs on a Villa site :shock: . And this is the 2nd one to because I remember the previous Spurs one around 2009 got deleted because of arguing.

So? They're an interesting club. :nod:

Over 400 pages about Spurs on a Villa site :shock: . And this is the 2nd one to because I remember the previous Spurs one around 2009 got deleted because of arguing.

I think we care alot more about them, then they do about us.

I think we care alot more about them, then they do about us.

I don't think we necessarily care about them. We just have more reasons for talking about them then they do us.

A) We were once direct rivals. They're now miles ahead.

B) They're continuously trying to break the "Sky top 4" which is always a topic of discussion

C) They had Harry as manager who we all fecking hate... and his Tax issues would have contributed to a fair few pages in this thread.

Spurs are just a club with a lot to talk about, where as we're just pretty dull and no one is really interested. If the roles were reversed between us and Spurs i'm sure their fans would talk about us more.

Â