Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I just can't get over learning from Peter's post that the police let the Sun newspaper reporters accompany them on a dawn raid to Harry's house.

That is just appalling...yet again trial by media!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a waste of time and money prosecuting Harry. They didn't prosecute Berkovic or Faye, so why Redknapp? If it was a payment Harry himself just wasn't gaining anywhere near enough from it to go to that trouble to evade tax. Also Mandaric confirmed he told Harry the tax had been paid. They should have just gone for Mandaric, but had already failed in a previous attempt. The Beasley interview evidence would have seemed much stronger if they were simply trying to prosecute Mandaric. It was a stupid case, but I guess they deemed it worth while to act as a deterent.

Would you have preferred a guilty verdict with fine and Harry to remain at Spurs? Do you think he'll take the England job and who might be his replacement at Spurs?

It was a waste of time and money prosecuting Harry. They didn't prosecute Berkovic or Faye, so why Redknapp? If it was a payment Harry himself just wasn't gaining anywhere near enough from it to go to that trouble to evade tax. Also Mandaric confirmed he told Harry the tax had been paid. They should have just gone for Mandaric, but had already failed in a previous attempt. The Beasley interview evidence would have seemed much stronger if they were simply trying to prosecute Mandaric. It was a stupid case, but I guess they deemed it worth while to act as a deterent.

Would you have preferred a guilty verdict with fine and Harry to remain at Spurs? Do you think he'll take the England job and who might be his replacement at Spurs?

I think guilty and a fine would have been the best things from my point of view.

There is some hope that he'll take the England job just for the summer and then return to Spurs. Cappelo resigning now in some ways gives us a little more hope of keeping him.

In terms of a replacement, I'd have genuinley liked MON. I'm not just saying that as he's done so well at Sunderland as I honselty thought that before he went there. I've never really agreed with criticisms he got off Villa fans. I don't believe in the value of so called tacticians or master coach's. I think good man management and motivation is the key. In terms of squad development I think we have enough people already at the club who will ensure that stays on track regardless of who is the manager.

I think Hiddink could also do a good job, but his track record has quite a few blips on it that aren't often spoken about. If eh can screw up at Fenerbache, Madrid and Valencia, then he is more than capable of doing the same at Spurs. But even so I think he has the right character traits.

I don't want a Benitez, Ancelotti, Guardiola or AVB type.

If it means Arsenal and Liverpool both outside the top 4 (and Chelsea outside the top 3) then I don't want Spurs' season being derailed. I hope Spurs keep Harry til the end of the season and then everyone can do whatever they want.

I think guilty and a fine would have been the best things from my point of view.

There is some hope that he'll take the England job just for the summer and then return to Spurs. Cappelo resigning now in some ways gives us a little more hope of keeping him.

In terms of a replacement, I'd have genuinley liked MON. I'm not just saying that as he's done so well at Sunderland as I honselty thought that before he went there. I've never really agreed with criticisms he got off Villa fans. I don't believe in the value of so called tacticians or master coach's. I think good man management and motivation is the key. In terms of squad development I think we have enough people already at the club who will ensure that stays on track regardless of who is the manager.

I think Hiddink could also do a good job, but his track record has quite a few blips on it that aren't often spoken about. If eh can screw up at Fenerbache, Madrid and Valencia, then he is more than capable of doing the same at Spurs. But even so I think he has the right character traits.

I don't want a Benitez, Ancelotti, Guardiola or AVB type.

Martin O'Neill? It's not just us, you should goo to a Celtic board and see the sort of love in they have for him. Very limited manager...

I think he's been in jobs where he's arguably reached the limitations, rather than he himself being limited. I think at Spurs we've reached our limits also and want someone in charge who can keep up in or around the top 4, until we are able to move to the new stadium and increase revenue. Most fans look to managers to take them forwards, but personally I like to look at the overall situation and sometimes it suggests just staying where you are or even just below that is a good achivement.

Many Spurs fans will believe there is some wonder coach out there who is capable of taking us to another level. I think thats' utter rubbish as football is and always will be simpe game. Whoever takes over is going to suffer from the fact we just can't increase the wage bill much more, whilst the other members of the top 6 can. We will have to sell some of our best players in nthe next year or two. In those circumstance the reallity is that sooner or later the big teams just below us, will surpass us. I think we need to make sure we stay ahead of the rest of the Prem (the other 14 teams) until we can dramatically increase our revenue streams via the new stadium. MON seems the ideal man for that.

sounds like if FA offer 'Arry the job now he's going to take it.

he would "consider it" if he got offered the job.

that says to me

"pay me more than you paid capello and it's game on"

Souns like that to me. Theirs no way he would turn the job down, plus he would quadruple his wages!

After whining last year about the lack of loyalty shown by players these days during the whole Modric saga, I simply can't believe Harry would walk out on Spurs the first time a better offer comes along ;)

as long as they keep Bale and Modric.

That's the single most important issue for them. If they do manage to keep them and strengthen in the summer then they are a legitimate title threat. If they don't, then they will fall away and the Premier League's hierarchical status quo will return.

Surely SHUUURELY, someone like Barça will come in for Bale.

Â