Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he was an average manager all along hmm. Dreadful start to the season for Spurs.

They've just been unlucky with fixtures really.. playing both Manchester sides who currently look head and shoulders above everybody else.

That's not to say it's not amusing :D

Maybe he was an average manager all along hmm. Dreadful start to the season for Spurs.

They've just been unlucky with fixtures really.. playing both Manchester sides who currently look head and shoulders above everybody else.

Yes but to lose in the manner they have is just unbelievable. Maybe the converse is true - he got lucky during the season when they achieved 4th, and now he's showing his true ability.*

All personal opinion though of course.

* "True ability" Heh.

Yes but to lose in the manner they have is just unbelievable. Maybe the converse is true - he got lucky during the season when they achieved 4th, and now he's showing his true ability.*

* "True ability" Heh.

So let's get this straight... he's been one of the top English managers for well over a decade, but he's lost Spurs first two league games of the season (to Man City and Man Utd), which is now him showing his true managerial ability?

I'm all for laughing at Spurs given the opportunity... but your point holds about as much water as a paper bucket.

And all in coincident to that he has spent **** all this season - perhaps more evident that he is a cheque book manager? But yes, just let's enjoy this for now

* "True ability" Heh.

So let's get this straight... he's been one of the top English managers for well over a decade, but he's lost Spurs first two league games of the season (to Man City and Man Utd), which is now him showing his true managerial ability?

I'm all for laughing at Spurs given the opportunity... but your point holds about as much water as a paper bucket.

It's not just these two games. Spurs have been poor since Madrid thrashed them.

Last season they werent great for most of season though good enough for 5th but their Champions League form papered over most of the cracks.

It seems like Redknapp is at odds with Levy over Modric.

Judging by his latest quotes Redkanpp wants him sold, I don't know if it's just because he's a disruptive influence or because of that rumoured clause where Redknapp gets a cut of transfer fees.

If Modric is going to sulk and tell everyone he doesn't want to play like he apparently did in the dressing room before yesterday's game then Spurs are better off taking the money on offer with a player in exchange.

In hindsight they should have done what we did and sold up early in the summer, then they could have had a settled preseason and a more solid start to the campaign this time around.

If Modric is going to sulk and tell everyone he doesn't want to play like he apparently did in the dressing room before yesterday's game

It wouldn't surprise me if that was complete fabrication.

We only "know" that because Redknapp said it happened, and at the time he was clutching at excuses for why they'd lost 5-1. He was blaming the result on a lack of pre-season due to Modric's transfer saga amongst other things.

So yeh, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd just made that up

Anyone else enjoying seeing Redknapp get a aste of his own medicine? Don't think anyone else talks about other teams players as openly and as much as he does, good to see one of his own unsettled the same way.

It seems like Redknapp is at odds with Levy over Modric.

Judging by his latest quotes Redkanpp wants him sold, I don't know if it's just because he's a disruptive influence or because of that rumoured clause where Redknapp gets a cut of transfer fees.

If Modric is going to sulk and tell everyone he doesn't want to play like he apparently did in the dressing room before yesterday's game then Spurs are better off taking the money on offer with a player in exchange.

In hindsight they should have done what we did and sold up early in the summer, then they could have had a settled preseason and a more solid start to the campaign this time around.

I think that things are going to get a lot worse between Levy and Redknapp. Despite all his self promotion, Harry is not going to push Spurs any further forward and their flirtation with the Champion's league was very brief.

Harry has been talking himself into the England job for some time now and i doubt that Levy is going to give him the money to spend knowing he will piss off. Harry is also clearly frustrated by the wages limits at Spurs and will constantly use this as an excuse.

Also, Levy is clearly a business man and Harry's record at every other club shows that his transfers in the long run are a financial mess. He will leave a lot of older players with a much reduced sell on value, the only exceptions being Walker and Sandro.

* "True ability" Heh.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager, but I no longer think he's nearly as good as some of us (including myself) used to think he was.

Redknapp's post-match comments playing 'The Modric card' for the defeat is utter bollocks. My Dad is a season ticket holder at WHL and said Modric was the best player on the pitch for the first twenty mins. You don't just suddenly change your "frame of mind" as he constantly refers to it as midway through a game.

City outplayed Spurs, simple as. Modric had pretty much accepted he'll stay the week building up to the City game but if there are murmurs about him wanting to change his mind after that debacle who can blame him?

Redknapp's post-match comments playing 'The Modric card' for the defeat is utter bollocks. My Dad is a season ticket holder at WHL and said Modric was the best player on the pitch for the first twenty mins. You don't just suddenly change your "frame of mind" as he constantly refers to it as midway through a game.

City outplayed Spurs, simple as. Modric had pretty much accepted he'll stay the week building up to the City game but if there are murmurs about him wanting to change his mind after that debacle who can blame him?

Typical Arry then, deflecting the blame away from himself as always. Maybe that's the thing about him that irks me so much, he's a slimy, cowardly bastard.

Typical Arry then, deflecting the blame away from himself as always. Maybe that's the thing about him that irks me so much, he's a slimy, cowardly bastard.

I'm with you Legov - I think it's funny one of his players has now been tapped up! maybe he'll stop talking about other clubs players now.... he's a hypocritical f**ker.

Â