Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

They're not that far away. But like any 'challenger' for CL football in recent seasons, when their big players get injured or are out of form they struggle to maintain their league position.

A few big signing and they could well be challenging again next season.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble we face is that for the kind of players we need, we are so far down the pecking order. And even in the clubs ahead of us are interested, we don't pay enough wages for many players anyway. We are the one team in the top 6 that has a really obvious weak department that if improved would make a significant difference, as we just don't have any decent forwards. It's not hard to see the likes of Augero, Hulk, Falcao and Mata etc would really improve us, whilst for the other teams it's not as easy. But these players will be courted by the biggest clubs in Europe who pay far bigger wages than us. Fans bang on about managers taking the club as far as they can, but in reallity I think our situation shows a biiger truth of Prem football in the current time, which is you can only go as far as financial resources allow. I think the days when someone like Brian Cough can inspire a lesser team to glory are gone. When you are competing against 5 of the richest clubs in the world it's just ridiculously hard. It was hard enough when we had the "big 4" and had to hope one would have a bad season allowing another club to take advantage as we did last year and Everton did in 2005. But now we have to hope the 2 clubs with ridiculous resources have bad seasons. Last season we pipped City and their respeonse was to spend £150 million on several players on massive salaries. Some of our fans think the solution to this problem is to appoint someone like Villas Boas, but I think that is totally delusional.

The trouble we face is that for the kind of players we need, we are so far down the pecking order. And even in the clubs ahead of us are interested, we don't pay enough wages for many players anyway. We are the one team in the top 6 that has a really obvious weak department that if improved would make a significant difference, as we just don't have any decent forwards. It's not hard to see the likes of Augero, Hulk, Falcao and Mata etc would really improve us, whilst for the other teams it's not as easy. But these players will be courted by the biggest clubs in Europe who pay far bigger wages than us. Fans bang on about managers taking the club as far as they can, but in reallity I think our situation shows a biiger truth of Prem football in the current time, which is you can only go as far as financial resources allow. I think the days when someone like Brian Cough can inspire a lesser team to glory are gone. When you are competing against 5 of the richest clubs in the world it's just ridiculously hard. It was hard enough when we had the "big 4" and had to hope one would have a bad season allowing another club to take advantage as we did last year and Everton did in 2005. But now we have to hope the 2 clubs with ridiculous resources have bad seasons. Last season we pipped City and their respeonse was to spend £150 million on several players on massive salaries. Some of our fans think the solution to this problem is to appoint someone like Villas Boas, but I think that is totally delusional.

Try feeling this about your entire squad :(

You had a top striker in Bent and sold him.

Dear Harry

Please smash the blose next week by at elast 5 goals and I will light a candle in your honour

love DK x

A candle that has already melted quite badly I hope :)

Â