Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Oddly enough my Spurs-following peers hate Assou-Ekotto with a passion. Is he your marmite player?
Must be, cuz my 2 yid mates like him. He's certainly one of their most improved players over the past year or 2, given that he started at such a low level (he replaced Mr.Lee!).

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LB is his natural position, but he's unlikely yo shift BAE. When Spurs fans vote for their player of the season on the various forums, BAE will almost certainly come 2nd to Modric in most polls. We wont buy a new LB or if we do he'll be a back up for BAE.
Are you using the back and bottom of the 'E' as the 'L' in Bale? Oh that's just nasty and cringe. Sorry :lol:

I think he's just using Benoit Assou-Ekootto's initials mate.

Oddly enough my Spurs-following peers hate Assou-Ekotto with a passion. Is he your marmite player?

Not really, like I said, I'm sure he'll be right up there in the player of the year votes. He's improved every season he's been here and wasn't great for his first couple of years, so maybe your mates haven't forgiven him yet. But this season he's been really good. The trouble is because we play such a high line and our FBs get forward, they are always going to be exposed at times and look bad. So if you don't like or rate BAE, there will always be opportunities to really criticise him.

That's a relief. Still it shows what you can see in something if you look hard enough! :)

I was with you BOF!

I was wondering what the **** that BAE was all about.

I hate people who use initials instead of real names. Don't you, BOF?

B O F?

• 2 weeks later...

Was just reading a Teamtalk article with Harry saying how it will be hard finishing top 4 next year if we're playing in Europa bla bla bla... and then looked at some of the comments from the Spurs fans, and a lot of them seem like they're really pissed off with him. Cant believe it really...

Does anyone have Spurs supporting friends or know people who dont like him? I mean ... as a bloke he's a complete tosser, but as a football manager i dont think any Spurs fan could really complain, could they?

(Then again every Spurs fan i've ever met moans about everything anyway)

Most Spurs fans didn't want or like Harry before he arrived. There are a group that can't wait to find the slightest reason to have a moan about him and say he's taken us as far as he can etc. A lot of fans like to try and make football out to be a lot more complex than it is, whilst Harry represents the boring truth (I'm not saying he's an honest guy or anything like thta, but that his simplisitc football phillosophy is pretty much on the money.) Many of our fans would love to believe there is some super coach out there who has some special tactical knowledge that can bridge the gap between us and the best teams. Whilst Harry says it's about buying and motivating good players. To be fair to those Spurs fans I suspect the average football fan would also believe that if Mourinho was in charge we'd be doing better. I'd love to see how Mourinho is suppossed to compete with 5 teams who all pay massively higher wages than us. We'd soon see how many players really join clubs because of the manager and not the wages!

David Beckham has made an bid to buy Tottenham Hotspur football club.

Apparently Brooklyn wants a cowboy outfit for his birthday.

1 win from their last 10 league games!

no wonder the spurs fans have not been around gloating

Last season it looked like they might stumble in the final third of the season but they mixed the team up and got some good performances out of fringe players like Bentley, Pav and Bale to finsh the season strongly.

That hasn't happened this season.

Very much like Villa in previous seasons, Spurs were in pole position to finish 4th, but didn't have the experience or quality to sustain the challenge and limped over the last hurdle.

I think they'll lose to Liverpool and finish 6th.

I don't think we were evr in poll position to finsh 4th to be honest. City have been ahead of us for most of the season. I'd rather finish 6th than 5th though, as our best seasons have come when he didn't have European football. In 2006 we missed out on the CL on the final day with a fairly average squad, yet we had no European football and went out of the domestic cups early. The following season we went to the 1/4 of the UEFA Cup and FA Cup and reached the 1/2 of the CC Cup. We had a better squad than the previous season, but only scarped 5th on the alst day and never at any point challenged for the top 4. Last season we had no European football and made the CL. Yet this season, despite good additions to the squad, we have only made a marginal challenge for the top 4. So from that point of view I see the UEFA Cup as nothing but an inconvenience next season. Harry has said as much himself.

So from that point of view I see the UEFA Cup as nothing but an inconvenience next season. Harry has said as much himself.

If, as a result of this, you lot wind up gifting SHA points that keep them up on the last day you should brace yourself for persona non grata status here for a bit. :)

They were always going to run out of steam, its hardly a surprise some of us predicted as much last season. They haven't the strength in depth to cope with the demand of PL & CL. They had there time in the sun I hope they enjoyed it because I can't see them getting back in the CL for the next few years.

Â