Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Bale was a tosh left back who was always out of position. One game that sticks out in my mind was Spurs vs Wigan where Bale moved to left back for the 2nd half (was this season). Wigan repeatedly just played the ball to Spurs left hand side and Bale was nowhere to be seen and they had a tonne of good chances, in the end they scored.

He's undoubtedly a good winger, but his success vs Inter was more down to Rafa being a clown than anything. Bale is a kick and run winger who likest to get in behind, he's not often going to beat you with trickery. Now I'm no football manager, but to avoid the kick and run style, what do you do? Play deeper, it's simple, yet Rafa seemed to think he knew better and played quite high up the pitch. Look at Bale's first 2 goals at the San Siro and his assist to Pavyuchenko last night, he beat Maicon on the half way line! How can you give a quick player half of the pitch to kick the ball into and then use his pace to be the first one there? Ridiculous.

vs Inter: 2 games, 3 goals, 2 assists.

vs PL teams: 10 games, 2 goals, 0 assists.

It's not all that difficult to stop him, Premier eague teams have sussed him out for the most part, just not Rafa. :lol:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Redknapp is a dodgy word removed, does anyone else think there was something dodgy about the VDV deal? There's no way he went for 8m, he was being valued at 16-20m about 3 days before deadline day.

Yeah, and there were no takers at that price. Madrid wanted him off of their books before the window closed so they did what any business does when they need a quick sale.

Even so? 8 million? Really? They paid mor ethan they let on, Madrid aren't fools they don't have limitless money.

He'd need to much money to do anything here.

I'd rather have a manager who doesn't need to spend us into oblivion to do well.

Yes he would need money, MON was given money and look what he did? What would Redknapp have done with the same amount?

And Redknapp is a dodgy word removed, does anyone else think there was something dodgy about the VDV deal? There's no way he went for 8m, he was being valued at 16-20m about 3 days before deadline day.

Yeah, and there were no takers at that price. Madrid wanted him off of their books before the window closed so they did what any business does when they need a quick sale.

Even so? 8 million? Really? They paid mor ethan they let on, Madrid aren't fools they don't have limitless money.

he wasnt going for 20 million 3 days before. This was a myth spun by Redknapp and denied by Bayern who were the team linked with him for 20 million.

Real wanted him out and could afford to take a loss if he didnt go to a main CL rival so Spurs was logical choice

MON outspent Redknapp tho!? In fact, MON outspent almost everybody!
While I've turned against MON since he left, I feel we need to keep some kind of perspective here. MON outspent Redknapp because Jol spent a fortune for Spurs. MON took over an ageing squad badly lacking in quality. In short, Redknapp needed to fine tune Spurs whereas MON's was a ground up total re-build. That was always the defence of his spending when he was here and I don't think subsequent events should re-write that bit of history. What I would say is that any manager who came in at that time was going to have to spend the kind of money MON spent and Randy, being a new chairman, would have given that kind of investment/backing to whomever he hired.

I can't wait to listen to the Spudz fans moaning in the summer when Man Shitty or somebody or other takes him off their hands.

They're going to find out what it's like to have your better players **** you off for the money.

Berbatov? Carrick? Keane?

Its not only us you know. The difference for Tottenham now is they may be in a position to keep these people and offer them the challenge and the money to stay.

Berbatov and Keane? Neither of them were hardly moving mountains when they were sold, Berbatov was on a major sulk and couldn't be arsed to play for them, and the plop paid pissed up money for an average player in Keane.

When Tottingham don't make top four this season and can't offer Bale champions league footy, we'll see how loyal a player he is then won't we.

While I've turned against MON since he left, I feel we need to keep some kind of perspective here. MON outspent Redknapp because Jol spent a fortune for Spurs. MON took over an ageing squad badly lacking in quality. In short, Redknapp needed to fine tune Spurs whereas MON's was a ground up total re-build. That was always the defence of his spending when he was here and I don't think subsequent events should re-write that bit of history. What I would say is that any manager who came in at that time was going to have to spend the kind of money MON spent and Randy, being a new chairman, would have given that kind of investment/backing to whomever he hired.

Yeah, i agree with all of that Bri. He does spend lots of money, but he spends it well unlike some. We have a good squad of 13 or 14 players which would ideal for some of his fine tuning.

I can't wait to listen to the Spudz fans moaning in the summer when Man Shitty or somebody or other takes him off their hands.

They're going to find out what it's like to have your better players **** you off for the money.

Berbatov? Carrick? Keane?

Its not only us you know. The difference for Tottenham now is they may be in a position to keep these people and offer them the challenge and the money to stay.

Berbatov and Keane? Neither of them were hardly moving mountains when they were sold, Berbatov was on a major sulk and couldn't be arsed to play for them, and the plop paid pissed up money for an average player in Keane.

Doesn't matter what they did after leaving Spurs.. CV is pointing out that having your best players taken by the big teams isn't something they've never experienced before. Carrick and Berbatov were heroes to the fans and arguably their best players at the time of the sale, and both went for large amounts of money, to the same club, and probably the same club who'll take Bale next too.

Edit: Never mind. I had misread what you'd actually written.

In the 4 years MON was at Villa, we were the 6th highest spending club in the country (United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Citeh were above us). Redknapp may not have spent as much (mainly because he was only at Spurs half the time MON was at Villa), but the value of the squad he inherited + his spendings we quite a way above what MON spent on us.

Which is also a reason why don't understand alot of criticism about MON. 6th highest spenders and he finished 6th 3 straight seasons. Yet some are convinced his signings were sit, his football was shit and he ws a shit manager.. yeah, I suppose we had a 60 point head start every seasonthen?

Â