Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. While the comeback was very impressive, we can't get away from the fact that it was from being 4-0 behind in the first place and you did actually lose the match. So there are pluses and minuses to take from it. Anyone saying Spurs will beat Inter at WHL off the back of the 2nd half are being a little simplistic too. Firstly, Inter would have mentally switched off after the first half (a case of 'job done' that is very hard to switch back on from), secondly they will not go to WHL with the same gameplan or formation anyway & thirdly they will now know more of what Spurs have to offer. You can be damn sure the over-rated Maicon will get help dealing with Bale next time out. Spurs were shell-shocked at the start but they found their game afterwards to their credit. They are learning quickly and there will be speed bumps along the way but I think they've done well. I expect them to progress from the group and I think most Spurs fans would have taken where they are right now if that had been offered at the start of the season.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is taking a 45 minute beating away to the European champions in your debut season any more disgraceful than, say, getting knocked out of the Europa League in the first round by a small Austrian team?

Torn between my loyalty to Villa and my love of a good "Zing!" here. :D

But i doubt you will find any Villa fans saying any different. We were an embarrassment as were Spurs until Inter took there foot of the pedal and made many changes.

How is taking a 45 minute beating away to the European champions in your debut season any more disgraceful than, say, getting knocked out of the Europa League in the first round by a small Austrian team?

Torn between my loyalty to Villa and my love of a good "Zing!" here. :D

But i doubt you will find any Villa fans saying any different. We were an embarrassment as were Spurs until Inter took there foot of the pedal and made many changes.

Villa were a disgrace that night but I would say Villa embarrassed England more by playing reserve team in last 16 vs CSKA.

They might have lost 4-3 but as mentioned Inter stopped playing at 4-0 and Rafa made some bizarre subs.

Reckon Spurs will get to the knockout stages and could do well from there. However, they aint gonna be in it next year and thats what will be going through the heads of Bale and a few others. Chelsea, Man City, Man U and Arsenal are the ones to fill next years CL places. Can anyone argue against that?

I don't actually think 4-3 was a true reflection, as they were more than a goal better than us. Even before we went down to 10 men, it was clear Inter were in a different league. But I can't see why this is a suprise. Arsenal conceded 4 against Barca last season and were more comprehensively outplayed than we were last night. Barca had 68% of the possession which is huge. So even before last night the difference between Prem 3rd or 4th teams and the very best in Europe was already apparent. In the last CL matchday Inter thrashed Werder 4-0 and we would be considered a similar strength team to them.

Werder are extremely poor and off colour this season. They are no mugs , the 8th ranked team in Europe. Spuds are not even in the top 50.

I have Spurs as the 65th best club in Europe this year. Bremen are 77th (based on this season, which is really what matters)

(Villa is 76th).

ptBRGA  6 - 4 - 2       34.11   100.03  ptBRGA  Braga Portugal

enTHFC  5 - 4 - 3       35.81   100.03  enTHFC  Tottenham Hotspur England

grARIS  1 - 1 - 0       0.33    100.03  grARIS  Aris Thessaloniki Greece

esATBL  3 - 3 - 1       7.34    100.03  esATBL  Athletic Bilbao Spain

enBWFC  2 - 1 - 5       10.96   100.03  enBWFC  Bolton Wanderers England

frTLSE  4 - 3 - 2       38.52   100.03  frTLSE  Toulouse France

deFRBR  4 - 4 - 0       2.14    100.02  deFRBR  Freiburg Germany

chYNGB  1 - 1 - 0       0.40    100.01  chYNGB  Young Boys Switzerland

noRSNB  1 - 1 - 0       -0.01   100.00  noRSNB  Rosenborg Norway

enBRFC  3 - 4 - 3       15.76   100.00  enBRFC  Blackburn Rovers England

===========================================

enAVFC  4 - 3 - 2       21.65   100.00  enAVFC  Aston Villa England

deBRMN  4 - 5 - 4       79.24   99.99   deBRMN  Werder Bremen Germany

ptPCSF  2 - 1 - 4       10.93   99.99   ptPCSF  Pacos de Ferreira Portugal

;)

(clubs in the CL, especially those in tougher groups, will tend to improve their ratings as more CL games get played)

Real Madrid have a history of making fantastic players look poor.

Pretty similar to yourselves then.

Really? Care to list some examples of fantastic players that Spurs have made look poor?

Ruel Fox, Ramon Vega, Sergie Rebrov, Jason Cundy. Thimothee Atouba.

All world class players, ruined by Spurs.

This is an interesting read to all the Spuds who like to make out that their a far superior club to us.

http://tinyurl.com/33gog6l

They still haven't surpassed 1000 Premier league points. (We have :D)

And head to head in Premier League years, we have taken more from them than they have from us. :D

No doubt the fucktards will be back to argue otherwise.

David Bentley, Darren Bent, Illie Dumitrescu the list is endless my Spud friend.

You consider Bent and Bentley to be fantastic players? Seriously? Good players, no doubt, but fantastic? If so, why aren't they mainstays in the national team and why have none of the big teams been at all interested in them?

Besides, after a poor start, Bentley performed reasonably well in the second half of last season. And Bent was just out of his depth at Spurs, simple as that. Spurs didn't make him a bad player, it just highlighted his limitations.

David Bentley, Darren Bent, Illie Dumitrescu the list is endless my Spud friend.

You consider Bent and Bentley to be fantastic players? Seriously? Good players, no doubt, but fantastic? If so, why aren't they mainstays in the national team and why have none of the big teams been at all interested in them?

Besides, after a poor start, Bentley performed reasonably well in the second half of last season. And Bent was just out of his depth at Spurs, simple as that. Spurs didn't make him a bad player, it just highlighted his limitations.

So your basing your arguement on the strength of definition of a word are you? Therefore, I take it when you pay circa £18m for a player, they are not fantastic? Maybe you have no fantastic players then.

Look through history, Spurs have a reputation of buying expensive players who have stood out from the rest at their previous clubs and made them look poor.

I certainly wouldn't class Bent or Bentley as fantastic before they went to spurs

Bentley played out of his skin in his last season at Blackburn and made the England team (not squad). Bent scored over 20 goals in his last season for a Charlton team that got relegated.

I don't actually think 4-3 was a true reflection, as they were more than a goal better than us. Even before we went down to 10 men, it was clear Inter were in a different league. But I can't see why this is a suprise. Arsenal conceded 4 against Barca last season and were more comprehensively outplayed than we were last night. Barca had 68% of the possession which is huge. So even before last night the difference between Prem 3rd or 4th teams and the very best in Europe was already apparent. In the last CL matchday Inter thrashed Werder 4-0 and we would be considered a similar strength team to them.

nah its been a while since ive seen an english club dominated like that in europe, for every bit as good inter were last night you lot were piss poor, huddlestone and jenas were terrible 1st half, it wasnt xavi and iniesta running circles round you it was an 18 year old brazilian... (who was awesome) crouch never looked like working and i really dont know what harry was thinking

agree about the difference blatantly being there, but the red tops and your ex players have been coming out since the draw was made saying they fancied it, the english media being the english media made that difference seem non existant in the build up

and like i said in the match thread, they could have gone on to get 6/7 IMO, i missed the first 5 mins of the 2nd half so dont know why stankovic went off, but rafa brought a RB on to play left wing, then brought on a striker for the left back, followed by a 35 year old CB to play RB against bale, it was mind boggling to say the least, not taking anything away from bale but rafa had just as much to do with spurs comeback IMO

I certainly wouldn't class Bent or Bentley as fantastic before they went to spurs

Bentley played out of his skin in his last season at Blackburn and made the England team (not squad). Bent scored over 20 goals in his last season for a Charlton team that got relegated.

I didn't say they weren't good players but they definitely aren't fantastic

Â