Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Thats assumes that 1 League Cup or FA cup is equivalent to European Champions, it clearly isn't

No, it doesn't assume that. During the period concerned to date, it assumes that:

* Two top-flight League Championships are better than one.

* Seven FA Cups are better than two.

* Three European trophies are as good as one European Cup.

* Five League Cups for Villa is one better than four for Spurs

And overall, based on the above, it assumes that 16 trophies is better than 9.

Just take this quote, you have said your 3 European Trophies is as good as Villa's 1 European Cup, effectively your saying your European Trophy haul is then equivalent to Man Uniteds 3.

And it's also a lot easier to become champions when the competition doesn't include clubs from London and the South.

Really? I think with the exception of Arsenal and in the last 10 years Chelsea you would be hard pushed to notice the impace of London clubs in the history of title winners.

... Just take this quote, you have said your 3 European Trophies is as good as Villa's 1 European Cup, effectively your saying your European Trophy haul is then equivalent to Man Uniteds 3.

Your post makes no sense.

I have equated the 3 Spurs trophies to Villa's single European Cup. So why would I then equate the 3 Spurs trophies to three of Man. Utd's European Cups?

I haven't done so.

Isn't it rich?

Are we a pair?

Me here at last on the ground,

You in mid-air.

Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?

Don't you approve?

One who keeps tearing around,

One who can't move.

Where are the clowns?

Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,

Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,

Making my entrance again with my usual flair,

Sure of my lines,

No one is there.

Don't you love farce?

My fault I fear.

I thought that you'd want what I want.

Sorry, my dear.

But where are the clowns?

Quick, send in the clowns.

Don't bother, they're here

Isn't it rich?

Are we a pair?

Me here at last on the ground,

You in mid-air.

Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?

Don't you approve?

One who keeps tearing around,

One who can't move.

Where are the clowns?

Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,

Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,

Making my entrance again with my usual flair,

Sure of my lines,

No one is there.

Don't you love farce?

My fault I fear.

I thought that you'd want what I want.

Sorry, my dear.

But where are the clowns?

Quick, send in the clowns.

Don't bother, they're here

Hoo-ah!

... Just take this quote, you have said your 3 European Trophies is as good as Villa's 1 European Cup, effectively your saying your European Trophy haul is then equivalent to Man Uniteds 3.

I have equated the 3 Spurs trophies to Villa's single European Cup. So why would I then equate the 3 Spurs trophies to three of Man. Utd's European Cups?

I haven't done so.

Glaston can i ask you one question and i'll enjoy singing it at VP to the Spurs fans?

'Have you ever won the European Cup?'

.... having more clubs doesn't automatically make the league more competitive ...

True, it's not necessarily an automatic thing. But generally speaking it's harder to make it into the top division, to stay there and then become its champions when there are many more chasing competitors.

And it's also a lot easier to become champions when the competition doesn't include clubs from London and the South.

On the contrary, less clubs means that there are more good players in each of the teams in the league. If 82 teams disbanded now and the best players were spread across the remaining 12 the league would be a lot more even and thus harder to win.

Having no teams in London is irrelevant as there were still players from London in the teams that existed.

I haven't done so.

Glaston can i ask you one question and i'll enjoy singing it at VP to the Spurs fans?

'Have you ever won the European Cup?'

Don't lie, fans at Villa Park don't sing. ;P

I'd love to meet Glaston.

I'd resist the urge to punch him in the groin, and just whisper in his ear "That 6 foot 7 Cage fighting, bear wrestling, neck snapping, ex-con who is pure muscle and has killed 8 people just said Spurs were shit"

... I guess the holocaust never happened either, as it was reported before Sir Candleface's apointment.

Glaston, you are the Kim Jong Il of football message boards. :

Yet another post that insists on trying to put someone else's words in my my mouth ...

No it isn't, it's an accurate reflection on your posting style. You either acknowledge history, or you don't.

You either acknowledge the 125 year history of the football league or you forget everything that has happened right up to this sentence.

You can't pick and choose what you acknowledge, that is what holocaust deniers do.

always a sign of a weak argument

A weak argument is molesting the facts to suit your mantra. Watching the bullshit spew forth from your posts is hilarious.

You are a deluded moron.

1) The value of trophies won when the league structure was tiny - and most of today's clubs weren't even it

But that counts for nothing. Today's clubs didn't exist but there were other clubs of the era who were as powerful as the powerful clubs are now.

And this is the crux of the argument. To deny a period of history is ludicrous and often dangerous.

It's widely regarded that the Bugatti Veyron is one of, if not the finest car ever built. Opinions on the best car vary. But, just because the Veyron is a massive advancement in technology and is such a marvel, it does not eliminate the amazing history of the automotive industry since the internal combustion engine was introduced in 1885.

Basically, he's being a cock again.

Both sides are being a bit pathetic. Glaston there is no chance our European trophies are worth anyhwere near as much as one European Cup. But likewise, Villa fans, your Victorian age successes don't carry the weight of success in the modern era, after the league system was more established and it was a natinwide competition rather than close to an exclusinvely nothern competion. I don't think there was a sinlge southern side in the 1st divison during that era, so it isn't like winning the title in the post war era. But even so, we've only won it twice ourselves and long before the last time you won it, so we've got nothing to brag about there.

Spurs fan talks sense shocker. :shock: This is about the way I see it.

Unfortunately that bellend Glaston will not share your view though.

... So Spurs overall less successful in both the main competitions ...

But, unfortunately for Villa, less successful than Spurs since WWI onwards.

As I've said, it's perhaps time for Villa fans to stop looking backwards into the remote, Victorian past when the league was tiny.

As I said overall we've out performed you in both. Tottenham were formed in 1882 I'm afraid :lol:

Regardless the top 5 most successful league teams were all around when we won our league titles including north London's biggest club (that's the one that has won 13 league titles not 2) :lol:

Tottenham have very little history pre 1950 - so little in fact you finished above us about 4 times :lol:

Yes, from 1950 to 1974 you were better - I concede that one :cry:

However, from the start of 1975 (the year the Vietnam War ended) we've won more competitions, we've won the bigger competitions and we've finished above Spurs more often :lol:

To summarise, not only have we been superior for 79 years out of 122 in the top flight (spending an extra 35 years as a top flight side) we've also won 6 more of the main domestic and European trophy combined (and lead by 12 in terms of winners and runner ups) :lol:

Total and complete dominance over Spurs :lol:

3 european trophies in no way equals THE european cup.

That's like saying 3 league cups is as good as winning the premier league.

From the start of 1975:

Villa:

Intertoto x 2

Super Cup

European Cup

Tots:

Uefa Cup (and even that they only won the semi on away goals and then the final on penalties!!!)

Looks like 4 times as many to me! :lol:

No doubt about it overall won bigger than Spurs! :lol:

"Like two bald men fighting over a comb"...lol

Lets just hope Capello does a decent job with England, cus if he dont, old arry's off to manage em. lol

Watched the highlights last night and thought Bale was outstanding again, he is a turning into a great left winger. The defense looked easily turned though which could be a problem, not a bad result all in all.

Hope Spurs do well in the CL to be honest, reckon it could be the last chance for an "outside team" to get into the top 4 for quite some time.

Â