Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The transfer window is not over yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if Redknapp brings in a few tried and trusted faces to shore up the squad. Keane out and Bellamy in perhaps?

That's been the rumour all summer long. But apparently City are playing games with regards to their own players, and especially when it's Spurs bidding. Clearly they want to make it as difficult for Spurs to strengthen their squad as possible, which makes sense if City consider Spurs their biggest threat, I suppose.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if Levy and Redknapp give up on the City players (there's also been links to Richards all summer too) and to move on to other targets that don't have owners with agendas to hold.

Huntelaar seems to be the closest to being a reality at the moment. And Levy seems to be going in strong for Ashley Young too. So either or both of those could happen before the window is closed. And I'm still hopeful that Gudjohnsen will return this season. I was very impressed with him in his brief appearances last season. His hold up play and ability to drop into midfield was important last season and is something that none of the other four strikers are capable of.

Players also need to leave though. Hutton certainly has no future at the club, as Kaboul, Walker and Naughton have leapfrogged him in the right back queue. And big questions will be asked over Woodgate's career soon too.

Jenas and/or O'Hara won't have big parts to play this season, with Huddlestone, Palacios, Modric and Sandro competing in the centre. Danny Rose also looked very comfortable there in pre season. And with Giovani flourishing and with a new sense of professionalism and determination, it seems like he'll be battling Lennon for the right midfield slot, leaving Bentley to look for a new club.

Defoe seems to be the only striker certain to still be at the club on Sept 1st. If Huntelaar comes in, that'll be the end of Pavlyuchenko and/or Keane, I feel. I'm unsure whether the links for Crouch to Liverpool are still there but if he leaves, that'll pave the way for Gudjohnsen to return, and Giovani is capable enough of being the fourth striker in that group.

And with young players like Caulker, Bostock, Parrett, Mason and Townsend all looking to impress for their respective loan teams, they could very well have a part to play in the 11/12 campaign.

I completely forgot why I started typing this post now.

Thanks for an insightful post. We've had some encouraging news about Ashley Young staying today after 'crunch' talks. Also with Milner on the brink of moving to Man City, selling Ashley Young to Spurs would create mutiny at VP. I'd be down there with a pitchfork myself. I think you can safely rule that one out mate.

To be fair we could win the Premiership with 3 new signings, assuming those signings were Messi, Kaka and Ronaldo. Although I'd say the chances of them joining are "quite slim." Harry spouting hot air as usual.

From what I saw of what Redknapp said, I don't see anything wrong with it. He just said he's got to aim to win the league because if you don't, you're never going to achieve anything which is true. Also that the same teams are winning the league every season and we need to try to do something about it. Villa should have this aim as well.

I can't stand Redknapp and I'm not keen on Spurs but I see nothing wrong with ambition and talking about it, it makes a nice change from him talking about other teams players at least.

Regardless of my dislike for Spurs I will be hoping for them to win today because my dislike for City is growing even stronger than that of Redknapp and Spurs.

I hate wellyface. How he consistently gets away with 'I'd love him in my team, but until we are told otherwise he is their player and they want to keep him, but he is a great player, my chairman deals with all the transfers so you'd have to speak to him, but i love him as a player and i think anyside would want him, but as things stand he isnt going anywhere because they dont want to sell, but if he was available id have him in a heartbeat.

Any other manager would get called up in front of FA.

my favourite was the other day when he actually said "i dont like to talk about other clubs players, but Bellamy and Richards are two that i really admire and would want in my team"...queue ten more minutes of chatter about Bellamy and Richards, other clubs players, the ones he doesnt like to talk about. Noticed hes now made Fulham favourites to sign Bellamy, another clubs player.

i dont like to talk about other clubs players, but Bellamy and Richards are two that i really admire and would want in my team

That's such a Redknapp thing to say. clearing in the woods.

They battered Man City in the first half.

Bale the ugly, monkey bothering, sheep shagger was very good again.

I particularly liked his right footed shot fairly late in the game. Into the ground and wide from 10 yards.

They battered Man City in the first half.

Bale the ugly, monkey bothering, sheep shagger was very good again.

I particularly liked his right footed shot fairly late in the game. Into the ground and wide from 10 yards.

He was aiming for the tyre swing on the tree, not the goal.

Â