Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still want City to finish 4th.

If City finish top 4, then the CL revenue they get doesn't change anything, they're already loaded. If City don't finish top 4, you have 4 teams on CL revenue + City with all their money, which essentially makes 5 teams with money to spend.

I'm not sure a CL spot would make that much of a difference to us in terms of money we spend. We've always got money to spend on transfer fees, but in terms of wages, we pay about the same as you and we certainly wont change our wage structure based on qualifying for the CL. Even with an extra £15 million to spend I don't think it would change our transfer targets. The kind of players that fit within our wage structure aren't going to be any we can't afford without CL football.

I'm not sure a CL spot would make that much of a difference to us in terms of money we spend. We've always got money to spend on transfer fees, but in terms of wages, we pay about the same as you and we certainly wont change our wage structure based on qualifying for the CL. Even with an extra £15 million to spend I don't think it would change our transfer targets. The kind of players that fit within our wage structure aren't going to be any we can't afford without CL football.

Sure if things don't change in terms of transfers and wages how will you improve? You will stand still or worse. You will have to spend that money you bring in IF you get champions League or you won't get it next season and you won't make too much impact in Europe.

Sure if things don't change in terms of transfers and wages how will you improve? You will stand still or worse. You will have to spend that money you bring in IF you get champions League or you won't get it next season and you won't make too much impact in Europe.

This is why we are looking to move stadiums. CL football is something we can't be sure of each season (lets face it's hughly unlikley). So, we can't sign players on long term contracts, based on a wage strucutre that assumes we'll have the revenue from the CL. But when we move stadiums we'll generate probably another £15-£20 million per year.

This is why we are looking to move stadiums. CL football is something we can't be sure of each season (lets face it's hughly unlikley). So, we can't sign players on long term contracts, based on a wage strucutre that assumes we'll have the revenue from the CL. But when we move stadiums we'll generate probably another £15-£20 million per year.

Fair enough, I suppose that is sensible but a new stadium is years away where as CL qualification is now. Maybe of course. Buying in new players based on CL could kick Spurs on a level, although it's a risky business.

I will just like to say that Gomes looked like a world beater yesterday - he made some world class saves and is the reason that Spurs won. If we could swap him with Brad I would!

Nevermind that usually he's shit and that Friedel does games like that far more often than him.

I wouldn't swap gomes for Friedel. On his day Gomes is ridiculously good. But he also has shockers and he's still one of the biggest flappers going.

I'd have consistently solid over occasionally brilliant any day.

That being said, Gomes has improved amazingly since he first came. As I said I still think he has some flaws, at times worse than others, but he's certainly coming along.

Â