Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest it has got to the point where I wish Glaston would just piss off and stop posting his usual bullshit Spurs propaganda. I used to support him, but he adds nothing to this site at all anymore. He detracts from VillaTalk and purposely winds people up. He repeats the same bullshit that annoys people here and his arguments are repetitive and have no point.

Give me Joey or Spurfect anyday. These guys talk football and are not full of shit. Glaston is a WUM, plain and simple.

**** off.

Agreed.

I can accept fans of other teams being slightly biased and defending their club, like AG, RvP and a few others, because we're the same. But it's the refusal to admit he's wrong when fighting a losing battle, or the fact he ignores pretty much everything others say and repeats himself over and over.

Also, that "GlastonSpur" Twitter account is quite clearly the work of a VillaTalk member with waaay too much time on their hands, considering almost all of that account's followers are Villa fans and members of this forum.

Also, Vojskovoda, I've called you out a few times now on the bullshit you've spewed about Spurs and you've conveniently ignored those posts. Nobody cares what you think about Spurs. You can moan at GlastonSpur all you want, but you get so much more "facts" skewed about Spurs than he does.

The rest of you, as far as I'm concerned, can rip on Spurs all you want, as long as it's true. Yes, you guys do have a longer and more lucrative history. Not gonna dispute that. Yes, today (yesterday, I guess) was a poor result for Spurs, feel free to rip on that too.

I've said numerous times that I like Villa fans and I do like talking football with you guys. It's really not worth arguing about the same things over and over again. We're all football fans, we all love our clubs. That's why debates are worth having, so we can see things from other people's points of view.

The rest of you, as far as I'm concerned, can rip on Spurs all you want, as long as it's true. Yes, you guys do have a longer and more lucrative history. Not gonna dispute that. Yes, today (yesterday, I guess) was a poor result for Spurs, feel free to rip on that too.

Oh, we will. Don't worry about that. :);)

I've said numerous times that I like Villa fans and I do like talking football with you guys. It's really not worth arguing about the same things over and over again. We're all football fans, we all love our clubs. That's why debates are worth having, so we can see things from other people's points of view.

Of the Spurs fans who post semi-regularly on this forum, 67% don't rub VT posters the wrong way. We're not averse to Spurs fans posting here. We're averse to the wind-up back and forth about pointless nonsense. As I noted above, I think the "trophy" debates are pointless.

Speaking of pointless, how do you think your next three games are going to treat you? :)

Glaston used to be liked here a few years ago. I do believe he still has friendly visitor above his name. When Spurs were doing well and we were awful Spurs are what we wanted to be. Challenging the top 4, with a lot young English talent. We turned ourselfs around. Overtook Spurs, i dont think Glaston liked that. Gone was all the complements, things turned 180 degrees.

Our confidence grew, we started to like and rate many of our players, many better than Spurs players. I still think our first 11 edges Spurs first 11, but squad wise spurs are in a different league. I see weaknesses in the Villa team and squad, i dont think Glaston does, or likes to admit that he does.

Anyway, bit pissed i hope this makes sense.

I think the best bit is that we've been superior to Tottenham for 86 years out of their 128 year history (over 2 in every 3 years in Villa's favour), outperformed them in the main 2 competitions, won more of the main 2 competitions as well as winning more major trophies.

I'm not surprised that winds him up because probably in his deluded mind he had thought Spurs had done better before the reality of the complete situation was told.

Maybe he should have picked on Huddersfield. Second thoughts, even they have won more top flight league titles than Spurs! :lol:

You all taunt Glaston and they have real pop at him when he hits back. I genuinely don't think you can claim you intentionally wind him up just to get a reaction or otherwise you wouldn't get so pissed of at how he responds. Surely those who get angry at Glaston should be equally pissed off at the Villa fans in this thread that continually post bollocks they must know will get a response. If certain posters were more accomodating to Glaston and accept that it is perfectly normal for a fan to be biased towards his own club, then I'm sure this thread would be alot better. Because the Glaston is outnumbered you convince yourselves that he is to blame, when he's only guilty of taking the bait. Admittedly he does it time and time again, but I can't see how there can be so much seemingly genuine anamosity towards him, when poster go out of their way to get a rise from him. I post on a few non Spurs forums and never get into any arguments, but here it's hard not to and it's genuinley becasue of the antagonistic posting style of some of your members. Even the mods seem to take sides. If you are going to allow non Villa fans to join they should be given the same rights in terms of moderation etc. Personally I'm happy to read the views of non Spurs fans on Spurs forums. In fact, at times, i find it more interesting than reading the opinions of other Spurs fans. The key is not to take everything they say as an attack on your club.

The bottom line is that overall Villa have been superior to Tottenham - it's just a fact over your complete history:

86 years out of 128 superior to Spurs!

Won more major trophies!

Outperformed Spurs in the main 2 competitions!

Won more of the main 2 trophies!

So history wise it's an argument no Spurs fan can ever win however I think if it's a debate about what might happen in the future then that's a different story.

Maybe, to give you a fighting chance we should stick to looking forwards :cheers:

No, Everton and Spurs are the most equal. We've won the European Cup. Yes we 'go on about it' but the fact is only 3 other English clubs have done that and until either of Everton or Spurs do it then they wont be equal to us.

Yes we won most of our trophies a long way back. But even still, our biggest achievement has come 2 decades more recently than Spurs' greatest achievement. So not only have we got the trophies, we've got the recent history too. It must really annoy them :lol:

In terms of a thread I've always thought this is extremely biased towards Villa in the way people just slag of Glaston even if he does have a good point which is quite often but he also does post some bollocks which deserves the treatment like the trophies thing.

Everyone hates Spurs including me but it seems some people can't even accept they have a decent team at times.

No, Everton and Spurs are the most equal. We've won the European Cup. Yes we 'go on about it' but the fact is only 3 other English clubs have done that and until either of Everton or Spurs do it then they wont be equal to us.

Yes we won most of our trophies a long way back. But even still, our biggest achievement has come 2 decades more recently than Spurs' greatest achievement. So not only have we got the trophies, we've got the recent history too. It must really annoy them :lol:

But it doesn't. This is why i and probably the other Spurs fans who post here, are so surprised at the attitudes in this thread. Spurs fans in general have no idea that there is bad blood between our fans and Villa. In fact i can confidently say that from Spurs point of view there isn't. Arsenal, Chelsea and Wham are our traditional enemies (and to be honest the Wham thing is only because they are so determined to be our enemies.) The average Spurs fan wont have a clue what Villa have won over the years and wont care really either. In fact evertyime Villa wins something it means a year went by that one of our rivals didn't, so it would generally be seen as a good thing. I genuinely don't get the anamosity from Villa fans and from I can see in this thread it largelly seems to be of your own making. To be honest I have no clue if it's just members of this site or Villa fans in general that have a problem with Spurs, but I know for sure, that Villa are well down the pecking order in when it comes to vitriol.

But it doesn't. This is why i and probably the other Spurs fans who post here, are so surprised at the attitudes in this thread. Spurs fans in general have no idea that there is bad blood between our fans and Villa. In fact i can confidently say that from Spurs point of view there isn't. Arsenal, Chelsea and Wham are our traditional enemies (and to be honest the Wham thing is only because they are so determined to be our enemies.) The average Spurs fan wont have a clue what Villa have won over the years and wont care really either. In fact evertyime Villa wins something it means a year went by that one of our rivals didn't, so it would generally be seen as a good thing. I genuinely don't get the anamosity from Villa fans and from I can see in this thread it largelly seems to be of your own making. To be honest I have no clue if it's just members of this site or Villa fans in general that have a problem with Spurs, but I know for sure, that Villa are well down the pecking order in when it comes to vitriol.

Well given that we only have the Spurs fans who post on this forum to go by, it would appear as though Spurs fans have a very exaggerated sense of their club's size and importance. So you can thank your fellow fans for the attitude you get on here. You're only reaping what they've sewn in the past.

Â