535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we need a central midfielder and a central defender. If anything todays display will have gone a long way to ensuring we have them in this window and not in January. We can't wait that long. But I fully expect us to use the available time this window because the type of player MON is talking about/interested in is in great demand.

We do indeed, but I think from comments from people like Mysteryman, and also from O'Neill's BBC post match interview his sole focus for the remaining two weeks of the window will be getting a defender in. I think he'll bring somebody like Dunne in, and that'll be our lot.

Much much closer results than in the poll I put up a few months back. Interesting. It's still stay for me. But there's plenty he still has to do though.

Your posts suck mate.

If you went to the match today u would have realised that we could/should have lost 6-1.

Post on poster much? I'd have thought you'd be more careful with a yellow card against your name. My posts are, in the main, well put together. The spelling is passable, the prose is readable, the capitalisation in the appropriate places.

Holding a different opinion to you doesn't mean the "posts suck" as you so eloquently put it.

And, thank you for your interest, but I was at the game today. Sitting in my new seat in the North Stand. I saw both of Wigan's goals in all their technicolour glory. We were poor and Wigan played well, but 6-1? Whatever you say, whatever you say "mate".

So what the hell was the conversation on here about last night then Tarumber

You are referring, of course, to the same old people posting the same old stuff they've been dragging through every thread for months. Like I said on another thread to you: for supporters of teams outside the top four there are going to be more days like this than we like. So the doomsayers will be right from time to time.

Enjoy your MON out threads and the 30 odd sheep that vote 'out', I predict a good 20 of those people would change their vote the next time we win a game.

I agree we need a central midfielder and a central defender. If anything todays display will have gone a long way to ensuring we have them in this window and not in January. We can't wait that long. But I fully expect us to use the available time this window because the type of player MON is talking about/interested in is in great demand.

We lost a game, and we played very poorly. I'm as unhappy as the next Villa fan, but I have confidence that the manager will sort it out. Sorry you don't, but those are the breaks.

You have blind, blind faith my friend.

Our manager hasnt sorted it out in the past, and he wont again this time. I wish i had your views on the villa as i certainly wouldnt go to bed wondering how i watched the worst villa performance in years with a defence that is bordering on a laughing stock.

I feel as low now as i did when we lost to Doncaster. There wasnt one positive to come out of todays game, not one.

Not only Is our manager terrible in the transfer market, he is woefully inept tactically. putting milner to right back in the second half. the list simply goes on.

You need to wake up from your dream mate, better yet, start going to the matches.

Well the camp is certainly split 2/3 for him staying 1/3 want him gone.

The next few weeks are going to be crucial.

Vienna trip on Thursday, Liverpool on Monday, Fulham at home on the following Sunday, Transfer window ends on 31st and then two weeks later a trip to Blues. If we dont get a result against Fulham and the blue noses then the knives almost certainly will be out (rightly or wrongly)

That is the game you cannot lose or the fans indeed will be revolting

[shudders at memories best buried]

Your posts suck mate.

If you went to the match today u would have realised that we could/should have lost 6-1.

Post on poster much? I'd have thought you'd be more careful with a yellow card against your name. My posts are, in the main, well put together. The spelling is passable, the prose is readable, the capitalisation in the appropriate places.

Holding a different opinion to you doesn't mean the "posts suck" as you so eloquently put it.

And, thank you for your interest, but I was at the game today. Sitting in my new seat in the North Stand. I saw both of Wigan's goals in all their technicolour glory. We were poor and Wigan played well, but 6-1? Whatever you say, whatever you say "mate".

a few people I have spoke to said we got off lightly at 0-2

Your posts suck mate.

I was at the game today. If they would have won 6-1 it would have been one of the harshest scorelines ever to happen. So I really am not sure what on earth you're on about.

Stop with the whole "you should start going to matches" shite as well, many people are unable to.

Your posts suck mate.

Yes, 6-1.

They hit the post, had one cleared off the line, should have scored a one on one, had a shot go close in the second half. This is just a few of their glaring chances. Our Defence was powerless to stop them though, they were to busy tackling themselves and trying to kick the ball straight. But individually they're great....(In the voice of that tiger who does that cereal)...

My posts are, in the main, well put together. The spelling is passable, the prose is readable, the capitalisation in the appropriate places.

Well that's true, and is in itself worthy of applause, when 90% of posters on here don't even make an attempt at making their posts readable. I just wish I could agree with a single thing you say from time to time! ;)

Your posts suck mate.

I was at the game today. If they would have won 6-1 it would have been one of the harshest scorelines ever to happen. So I really am not sure what on earth you're on about.

Stop with the whole "you should start going to matches" shite as well, many people are unable to.

I wouldnt go as far as 1-6...but we could´ve lost 0-4 with an ease. We were lucky to get away with 0-2 today.

My posts are, in the main, well put together. The spelling is passable, the prose is readable, the capitalisation in the appropriate places.

Well that's true, and is in itself worthy of applause, when 90% of posters on here don't even make an attempt at making their posts readable. I just wish I could agree with a single thing you say from time to time! ;)

Noone agrees with anything he has to say. He lives in Cloud cuckoo land where Cuellar is better than Vidic and Davies better than Ferdinand.

And as for the scoreline, I stand by what i say. We got off lightly today against WIGAN.

Your posts suck mate.

To be fair, Your right. Wigan didnt deserve to concede today.

Stay.

I still believe MON is a good manager, and I think that - without a huge injection of cash - managers need a lot of time to excel. There may even be some backwards steps. Hopefully, MON can eventually win things with the team he's building. I think one reason he's 'slow' in the market is because he wants to buy exactly the right player. He takes his time, but not because he's lazy. It's because he's building something. I'm sure he's the man to sort out some players' apparant attitudes (Gabby, Ash) and, if not, I dare say they won't make it at the very highest level anyway.

It's not blind faith though. I am wondering whether, if we're to commit a number of years of our development as a club to this man, he's the right person. However, aside from a handful of names I'm sure we couldn't attract to manage our club, I'm not sure who I'd have complete faith in taking his place.

Your posts suck mate.

I wouldnt go as far as 1-6...but we could´ve lost 0-4 with an ease. We were lucky to get away with 0-2 today.

I'm not sure about that.

They hit the post. So the shot was not on target, how this is deemed as something that 'should have been a goal' really confuses me. Milner (I believe it was Milner?) cleared it off the line, that's what his job is in a corner situation, he did his job. I agree that the Friedel save should have been a goal, a goalkeeper shouldn't really have a chance to save a one on one. If you can claim these as great chances, what about Sidwells free header from 6 yards? The great save from Kirkland from Youngs free-kick? The great diving block from Youngs effort late on? We had a few damn good chances ourselves. It's just that because we've lost and played poorly, some will try and make it sound worse than it is. Not necessarily you, I'm just saying in general.

I personally feel it was about fair. A touch of brilliance gave them the lead, we both were denied by a very good save and had great last ditch efforts to deny us. 2-0 was fair.

Your posts suck mate.

I'm not sure about that.

They hit the post. So the shot was not on target, how this is deemed as something that 'should have been a goal' really confuses me. Milner (I believe it was Milner?) cleared it off the line, that's what his job is in a corner situation, he did his job. I agree that the Friedel save should have been a goal, a goalkeeper shouldn't really have a chance to save a one on one. If you can claim these as great chances, what about Sidwells free header from 6 yards? The great save from Kirkland from Youngs free-kick? The great diving block from Youngs effort late on? We had a few damn good chances ourselves. It's just that because we've lost and played poorly, some will try and make it sound worse than it is. Not necessarily you, I'm just saying in general.

I personally feel it was about fair. A touch of brilliance gave them the lead, we both were denied by a very good save and had great last ditch efforts to deny us. 2-0 was fair.

Great stuff. Glad thats sorted then. Hopefully we will only lose 1-0 to fulham.

Â