48 Hours to go....

stevenjos

Should i stay or should i go?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should i stay or should i go?

• Stay you fool.
    • Go if you feel like that!
    • Keep the ticket and just go when you can be bothered!

Lets go fr broke, tryu to bring in VDV or WS it'd give us that buzz. Whetehr we were in for Owen or not - is ciontentious, however if we were, we could've sorted that deal out all of June, so come 1st July he signs - this dordelling allows United to sign him. If United had've gone for him alongside us in June - then fair play we probably couldn't have competed, but it was there to be doen and Owen himslef said they only spoke to him a day before the deal was done.

You assume those dutch lads actually want to play for us.

How could we have signed owen earlier? He was still contracted to newcastle, Man U signed him as soon as his contract ran out.

Hmm, so miserable glory hunter. cool :clap:

What did you expect?

You're on about giving up your season ticket after consecutive top 6 finishes and with european football.

I think people like you don't deserve to have their season ticket and i truly hope you do give it back.

I think i'm going to keep it just for this post. I want us to push on, and thats what i'm down about because i don't think we wont. :lol:

Might as well close it mods, decision made.

i'm loving the fact people think im miserable! :lol:

I think your signature is wrong, because although we haven't bought them, I think both Clark and Albrighton will play for us this season. You'll probably reply that "well, yeah obviously, seeing as we haven't bought enough quality we're going to have to rely on the youth" to which I'll respond I'm pretty sure you'd include Osbourne, Harewood and Salifou on your OUTS list if they were to be sold, yet imo Clark and Albrighton will play bigger parts this season than those three did last season, meaning I think you should include them in your INS list.

8)

i'd counter with clark and albrighton were here last year AND its another MON choice not to play people then claim a small squad. :winkold: 8)

Not sure I understand this. You make a swipe at MON saying he didn't play these kids but complained he had a small squad. Yet you said you won't be paying for a European game again because of what happened in Moscow last year.. when he played kids. Strange.

I think your signature is wrong, because although we haven't bought them, I think both Clark and Albrighton will play for us this season. You'll probably reply that "well, yeah obviously, seeing as we haven't bought enough quality we're going to have to rely on the youth" to which I'll respond I'm pretty sure you'd include Osbourne, Harewood and Salifou on your OUTS list if they were to be sold, yet imo Clark and Albrighton will play bigger parts this season than those three did last season, meaning I think you should include them in your INS list.

8)

i'd counter with clark and albrighton were here last year AND its another MON choice not to play people then claim a small squad. :winkold: 8)

Not sure I understand this. You make a swipe at MON saying he didn't play these kids but complained he had a small squad. Yet you said you won't be paying for a European game again because of what happened in Moscow last year.. when he played kids. Strange.

Ahhhhh the one game he did play them to throw a cup becasue we had stoke on saturday!

8)

Ahhhhh the one game he did play them to throw a cup becasue we had stoke on saturday!

Ah, so you admit he did play thtme then and you insult their ability by saying it was a 'thrown' game. I see. :thumb:

Steve you remember when me, you and Rob met down Villa Park for what we hoped would be a mass protest against Doug Ellis. We put the wreath on the gates of VP and you took a photo and sent it to the Evening Mail who printed it?

The club was on its knees then. Doug was chairman, O'Leary was about to leave and the squad consisted of piss poor players who had just struggled to finish 16th. The whole club could be summed up by looking at the Holte Pub which was derelict.

That was three short years ago mate. That day when me you and Rob stood on Trinity Road taking the picture of that wreath did you really dream that things three years later could have improved so much?

If you genuinely do feel as pessimistic as you say you are then I'd say don't bother going any more as if during a game things do go wrong on the pitch and the players are struggling then they will need the crowd behind them to lift them but your natural reaction, given how you feel now, will be to do the opposite and that, as you know, is not how a supporter should feel.

Steve you remember when me, you and Rob met down Villa Park for what we hoped would be a mass protest against Doug Ellis. We put the wreath on the gates of VP and you took a photo and sent it to the Evening Mail who printed it?

The club was on its knees then. Doug was chairman, O'Leary was about to leave and the squad consisted of piss poor players who had just struggled to finish 16th. The whole club could be summed up by looking at the Holte Pub which was derelict.

That was three short years ago mate. That day when me you and Rob stood on Trinity Road taking the picture of that wreath did you really dream that things three years later could have improved so much?

If you genuinely do feel as pessimistic as you say you are then I'd say don't bother going any more as if during a game things do go wrong on the pitch and the players are struggling then they will need the crowd behind them to lift them but your natural reaction, given how you feel now, will be to do the opposite and that, as you know, is not how a supporter should feel.

Of course i dont feel that bad. For that season i had boycotted VP until the last game to take that banner and put it up, a few weeks later we put it on those gates, just the three of us at VP when it was the time to get doug to his knees, most fans too engrained in the "If we go and support them it'll be alright" mist.

I'm not saying in this thread i'd give up on been a Villa fan, im saying is it worth me having a ST over watching games on the tele or by other means and then going to other games! I'm saying that Martin O'Neill hasn't done what he should have with the resources he has and pushed us on in this window! I'm saying that when we get to Jan/Feb and we have injuries, can we accept us throwing cups again because we have Hull on Saturday!

I'm saying i brought this ST knowing i'd miss some weekends away, have to rearrange trips becasue of schedule changes and knowing Heskey would probably still be there because i thought we'd sign some players to push on, we'd add numbers to the squad.

Thing is. We haven't have we?

....Isn't there a case here of familiarity breeds contempt.

It facinates me to hear of all these passionate supporters that live trillions of miles away... deem us locals to be lucky, and don't have to sit through 5 wins in a season ( at home)and 2 wins in the last 15.

Its like the daughter who lives at home and has to clean the house every day and the daughter who lives miles away and visits once in a blue moon tells how lucky she is to be able to help mom....HHHHmmmm

Perhaps visiting once a year does throw a different slant on things and makes it hard to see anything derogatory..... but after 40 odd years of having a season ticket that I have toiled for I don't feel lucky.

Winning the league and the European Cup was the obvious highlights and the rest has been hit & miss.

There are far too many things that go on at a football club for me to make a measured opinion of what we do right or what we do wrong and you would like to hope the manager and the owner are doing their best.

I have renewed again this season, but i don't see much change out finishing half way.

....Isn't there a case here of familiarity breeds contempt.

It facinates me to hear of all these passionate supporters that live trillions of miles away... deem us locals to be lucky, and don't have to sit through 5 wins in a season ( at home)and 2 wins in the last 15.

Its like the daughter who lives at home and has to clean the house every day and the daughter who lives miles away and visits once in a blue moon tells how lucky she is to be able to help mom....HHHHmmmm

Perhaps visiting once a year does throw a different slant on things and makes it hard to see anything derogatory..... but after 40 odd years of having a season ticket that I have toiled for I don't feel lucky.

Winning the league and the European Cup was the obvious highlights and the rest has been hit & miss.

There are far too many things that go on at a football club for me to make a measured opinion of what we do right or what we do wrong and you would like to hope the manager and the owner are doing there best.

I have renewed again this season, but i don't see much change out finishing half way.

Hmm, so miserable glory hunter. cool :clap:

What did you expect?

You're on about giving up your season ticket after consecutive top 6 finishes and with european football.

I think people like you don't deserve to have their season ticket and i truly hope you do give it back.

I think i'm going to keep it just for this post. I want us to push on, and thats what i'm down about because i don't think we wont. :lol:

Might as well close it mods, decision made.

Glad i could help.

Every villa fan wants us to push on, however most reasonable people aren't going to cry and threaten to give their season tickets back because it isn't happening as fast as THEY want it to.

but after 40 odd years of having a season ticket that I have toiled for I don't feel lucky.

No one is forcing you to go.

No one is forced to watch football, people do it for the enjoyment and entertainment.

If you can't find any from supportng villa at this moment in time then don't go, there are plenty of people who can who will take your place.

but after 40 odd years of having a season ticket that I have toiled for I don't feel lucky.

No one is forcing you to go.

No one is forced to watch football, people do it for the enjoyment and entertainment.

If you can't find any from supportng villa at this moment in time then don't go, there are plenty of people who can who will take your place.

I'm not sure i know what your talking about, i wasn't asking for anyone to force me to go,i wasn't asking for a begging letter to come.....I guess by definition that after 40 odd years i must enjoy it, but your comments are just completely out of context.

However i did state the converse too and I reiterate.....I don't feel I'm lucky.

Â