48 Hours to go....

stevenjos

Should i stay or should i go?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should i stay or should i go?

• Stay you fool.
    • Go if you feel like that!
    • Keep the ticket and just go when you can be bothered!

Why would you want to leave? You're supoorting the club. If you can't afford to keep the ticket then go ahead & get a refund.

If you're considering a refund on your ticket out of spite, because in your opinion the Villa are not worth watching, then you're not fit to support the club.

Here Here

if you see no grounds for optimism at all this season, then definitely, definitely go.

I am certainly not optimistic about the situation as a whole, yet I still make the flight from scotland -> london and drive from London to Birmingham week in week out to see them + away games :)

I do however see some grounds for optimisim, there are potentials and glimmers of hope but i am certainly not optimistic (i.e. I dont go thinking we are going to get something but i appreciate we have some potential to).

My other point i forgot to add was:

6) Games get changed so often its hard planning ahead for games. Last season i had a to miss a few games just because i planend for it to be at one time then a few weeks before it changed. My mate hasnt renewed because of this!

My other point i forgot to add was:

6) Games get changed so often its hard planning ahead for games. Last season i had a to miss a few games just because i planend for it to be at one time then a few weeks before it changed. My mate hasnt renewed because of this!

Im with you on that. Wish Football was only a staturday at 3PM job, with the odd Tues/weds fixture. But now you can play on anyday and at anytime, just to please the TV schedules.

Though with a season ticket, you can sell your seat(s) if you cant make the game.

haha this thread makes me smile. Just because i can see shortfallings and i feel we wont finish as high as last season doesnt stop me supporting my club.

I renewed straight away last season, and me debating buying on a game by game basis instead of having the ST is the point of the thread. To be fair a large chunk are on the tele anyway.

My problem is, they've got my money, but it hasnt been used!

Anyhoo, gonna let this wobble on.

Even though this summers transfer activity has so far been disappointing (more from a numbers in perspective rather than the quality) I think you would very much regret not keeping your ST.

i'm loving the fact people think im miserable! :lol:

I think your signature is wrong, because although we haven't bought them, I think both Clark and Albrighton will play for us this season. You'll probably reply that "well, yeah obviously, seeing as we haven't bought enough quality we're going to have to rely on the youth" to which I'll respond I'm pretty sure you'd include Osbourne, Harewood and Salifou on your OUTS list if they were to be sold, yet imo Clark and Albrighton will play bigger parts this season than those three did last season, meaning I think you should include them in your INS list.

8)

I think your signature is wrong, because although we haven't bought them, I think both Clark and Albrighton will play for us this season. You'll probably reply that "well, yeah obviously, seeing as we haven't bought enough quality we're going to have to rely on the youth" to which I'll respond I'm pretty sure you'd include Osbourne, Harewood and Salifou on your OUTS list if they were to be sold, yet imo Clark and Albrighton will play bigger parts this season than those three did last season, meaning I think you should include them in your INS list.

8)

i'd counter with clark and albrighton were here last year AND its another MON choice not to play people then claim a small squad. :winkold: 8)

To be fair glory hunter, part timer etc etc does seem a fair tag.

Look at the troglodytes down the road. Grossly inbred, jobless and horrendously ugly though they may be, every one of them who turns up to watch SHA does so in spite of their awfulness, because its their team and they’d rather go and be a Bluenose than a Brummie Red for example. And that, you have to say, is commendable.

To want to give up your season ticket when the going hasn’t even got tough, well, there isn’t much more to say is there?

So you basically started this thread to get a rise out of people? That's my interpretation of how you can be "loving the fact that people think you're miserable".

And whilst on that point, I'd hardly describe you as a happy person being as you've started a thread moaning about whether or not to return your ST just because things haven't gone exactly as you'd have liked.

Personally I hope this thread gets locked as space in the public domain should not be given up for stuff like this shit.

....and i still don't know whether to try and get my money back on my ST.

To be honest i dont think we've strengthened and watching heskey makes my scalp itch.

I have the feeling this thread may divide you all but i wonder what your all thinking.

My reasons for been uninterested at the moment are:

1) The squad hasn't been strenghtened, it sounds like we will be lucky to have the same numbers as last season.

2) Barry and Laursen have not been replaced.

3) Martins love of playing square pegs in round holes

4) Heskey being sh*te

5) To be honest, european games should get me excited and down to VP, but he threw last seasons chance and so i refuse to pay to watch the games again! i wasted my time and money watching these games last season and it smarts how we threw it.

so let me know what you think in the poll! :?

So basically you are a fair weather fan?

8)

i'd counter with clark and albrighton were here last year AND its another MON choice not to play people then claim a small squad. :winkold: 8)

Well, they were here, but they weren't first team material if you get my drift, and they WILL play this season, make no mistake, meaning we're effectively 2 up from last season with 3 weeks left of the window.

I'm sorry for putting words in your mouth, btw, with regards to my previous post and reasoning, it just seemed an obvious assumption to make 8)

....and i still don't know whether to try and get my money back on my ST.

To be honest i dont think we've strengthened and watching heskey makes my scalp itch.

I have the feeling this thread may divide you all but i wonder what your all thinking.

My reasons for been uninterested at the moment are:

1) The squad hasn't been strenghtened, it sounds like we will be lucky to have the same numbers as last season.

2) Barry and Laursen have not been replaced.

3) Martins love of playing square pegs in round holes

4) Heskey being sh*te

5) To be honest, european games should get me excited and down to VP, but he threw last seasons chance and so i refuse to pay to watch the games again! i wasted my time and money watching these games last season and it smarts how we threw it.

so let me know what you think in the poll! :?

I'm in quite a similar position however I'll definitely be going up and keeping my ticket. I'm not one of these people that will spout better fan etc.

I agree with all point except 4 - Give the lad a break. Heskey may well be rubbish if you don't like him fine. But it's teh manager that picks him so it's teh manager that should get the disdain not Heskey. It ain't his fault.

I was really, really down coming into the season, the kids boosted me and I really wanna see them given a chance and see them doing well.

However, I feel they (the kids) need to be integrated within the first team alongside the first choice players not having them play all together and thuis making a second string.

Why not start with Albrighton and rest one of Milner or Young, everyone else full team. Another game satrt with Clark and rest Cuellar, Davies etc, Play Bannan rest a CM, Play Delfeouneso rest gabby. This should help them feel part of te hfirat team and aslo integrate them and see whetehr tehy are good enough. If we do one player at a time it's good, if they're having a mare, bring on teh more experienced player.

I just wish we signed teh players we need and I wish we'd have signed them a month ago. I can't see what has prevented us from signing any of teh 3 players before we did. We should be bringing some real quality. Lets go fr broke, tryu to bring in VDV or WS it'd give us that buzz. Whetehr we were in for Owen or not - is ciontentious, however if we were, we could've sorted that deal out all of June, so come 1st July he signs - this dordelling allows United to sign him. If United had've gone for him alongside us in June - then fair play we probably couldn't have competed, but it was there to be doen and Owen himslef said they only spoke to him a day before the deal was done.

We need some speed and urgency in teh transfer market. if we sign players great, but what will we hear? They haven't had preseason so haven't settled. We always have out excuses in fronmt of us to fall back on. Small Squad, no pres-season, etc

Hmm, so miserable glory hunter. cool :clap:

What did you expect?

You're on about giving up your season ticket after consecutive top 6 finishes and with european football.

I think people like you don't deserve to have their season ticket and i truly hope you do give it back.

Â