Friendly: Peterborough a 2009/07/18 Reactions and ratings

bannedfromHandV

I just got back from the game. Basically he went on a run from defence. Powered through midfield. 1 -2'd it with someone ans slotted it in the bottom corner

Harewood worked hard, but missed 3 easy chances.. one of which was basically an open goal from 6 yards.

Andreas Weimann looked EXCELLENT up front. What a good player he could be. He worked very hard, with an excellent first touch, spinning away from their CB's a few times.

Hi I just got back from a thoroughly enjoyable game.

For the first ten minutes or so they were all over us. We just didn't look up for it. They built up pressure and had numerous corners, bringing out a fantastic double save by Friedel, and a couple of brushes with the woodwork.

Bannan, Andreas Weimann and Marc Albrighton looked very lively all game. After a short corner routine wonderfully executed by Albrighton and Bannan, Weimann nicked in front of the keeper to head in the first.

Harewood missed 2 guilt edged chances.. he worked hard, but really is a useless finisher.

Finally, after half time, the goal of the game. Super Curtis Davis got a bit bored sitting in defence. He run the ball out, out muscled 2 Peterborough defenders, played a one-two with harewood and slotted it home. A very nice goal.

at Around 70 mins Sidwell capped another effective performance by passing the ball around the keeper from just inside the box.

Overall a good performance and start to pre-season. Knight, Cueller and in particular Davis looked strong, and very assertive. Reo Coker and Sidwell did very well in their "destroying" midfield roles.

In particular the stars of the show were out 3 youngters Bannan, Albrighton and weimann. On the wings Bannan and Albrighton worked tirelessly, skipping past the full backs a few times and putting good balls in. Their quick thinking at the corner set up the first goal for the even more impressive Weimann. He worked extremely hard, never afraid to put his foot or head in. Lastly he looked strong on the ball for such a slight lad, and managed to spin their centre backs a few times and collect the ball from midfield.

Fantastic start to the pre season.

Pete

Who finished in the right back position - No 17 I think? Looked very solid, saying that their winger was a bit light weight

If he was fairly tall, had dark hair and could throw a ball miles it was Eric Lichaj (it's pronounced Lee-High) if not, then I've no idea.

Just got in I will leave my own reation intil tomorroe as i am slightly inebreated ? but who was no 23 the pa @ posh was shite and my phone died, he looked promising imo some very nice touches.

Who finished in the right back position - No 17 I think? Looked very solid, saying that their winger was a bit light weight

If he was fairly tall, had dark hair and could throw a ball miles it was Eric Lichaj (it's pronounced Lee-High) if not, then I've no idea.

That's the fella, looked good