Barry or Petrov???

Pacavelli

Barry or Petrov?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Barry or Petrov?

• Barry
    • Petrov

barry although both are good players - barry has had a consistent season that hasnt quite reached the heights of the previous two but he's one of the premierleague's best midfielders. petrov is good but Barry is better further up the field, albeit not really an attacking midfielder.

People say Petrov is flavour of the month... Barry has been flavour of the past few years!!!

He is like Martin O Neill where he can be Shite and people will still say how well he has done. He Hides during games and is nowhere near as involved as Stan in midfiled so its petrov by a mile for me!!!

Over the last 2 seasons Petrov has equalled and eventually overtaken Barry in virtually every department, that's pretty easy to see to be fair if you take out the emotion.

I like both of them but the number of assists we have got from Barry will be more difficult to replace than we think !

I must say I find all this "Barry or Petrov" stuff **** childish.

Well there are a lot of people who feel that they don't compliment each other particularly well in a 442. Whether you are one of those people or not, surely you can see why the comparisons are being made? I'm not sure that I necessarily agree with it myself, but they are quite similar players and I understand the argument. So given that some people would only want to see one of them in a 442 midfield, why is it childish to have a debate as to which one is better?

i cant choose either but if barry wants to go then id rather the person that wants to be here stay.

Ideally though keep both of them and add a quality creative goalscoring midfielder to play in a midfield 3.

Almost impossible to choose between who I would have, who am I partnering him with?

I went for Barry partly due to age, if I was a top 4 club with better players littered around the pitch I might choose Barry purely down to his intelligence on the pitch (not that Petrov isn't intelligent).

Very tough call but one I certainly didn't expect at Villa park a few months after Petrov came (he needs to shoot a little more), I think he is as good as Barry in this team and the poll proves this.

Only 1 of the 2 has scored the best goal ever.

Only 1 of the 2 is (let's be honest here chaps, and i like the guy) a **** Judas.

Petrov for me.

Pace - Both have Tortoise pace.

Goals - Both only score 1 or 2 a season from open play.

Stamina - Both get knackered easily and don't have much energy.

Tackling - Petrov. Barry can't tackle for shit, he just bundles into the player and gives a free kick away.

Passing - Both have excellent passing.

Plus the big factor, Petrov actually wants to be here, Barry doesn't. Bye Gareth.

Â